Tapatalk updated to 4.3.0 - make sure you have latest version

1. Mike

Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

2. Junne

Junne Fishlore Legend Member

I've been using Forum Runner but it has its limitations as far as being able to respond to messages that are in GROUPS. It doesn't even show up!

Is Tapatalk able to access messages and respond to them in GROUPS?

3. Mer-max

Mer-max Well Known Member Member

Tapatalk costs money. If there's anything I've learned from fish keeping - free is better

4. OP
    OP
    Mike

I don't think tapatalk has the ability to access groups either, just the forums/boards. Many like it because it makes it easier to upload pics straight from their devices.

5. Junne

I may check it out anyway. Thanks for the info :)

6. Mer-max

Mer-max Well Known Member Member

I downloaded photobucket ( free ) and its pretty easy to upload from my phone. Pretty much a copy and paste type

7. Junne

Mike, what are the differences between tapatalk and forum runner? Which is preferred and why?

Thanks

Junne

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Forum Runner

8. OP
    OP
    Mike

They are both very similar apps. The company that writes our forum software actually embedded forum runner into our forum software, so it comes with it and I don't really have to do anything special to keep forum runner updated. Tapatalk is a stand alone install for me to do at the server level.

As far as the user side goes though I think it comes down to individual preference really. I think forum runner is $1 less (2.99 vs 3.99) too.

9. L

LyleB Well Known Member Member

How can I keep the annoying tapatalk pop-up from constantly suggesting itself?
    I've dismissed it about 10 times in the past few minutes. I have NO interest in it.

Ok, figured it out. I had blocked cookies. Need cookies enabled.

10. OP
    OP
    Mike

I dislike that popup too - I just deleted it so it should not show anymore.

11. p

porkozone New Member Member

I've been enjoying tapatalk on my iPhone for about a month. I just got an iPad Mini and the same app works great on it as well. I noticed there is an HD version specific for the IPad...what does it do different/better than the regular version...because it already works well on the iPad?