Tan's tanks

tan.b

Well Known
Reaction score
60L = ~15 US Gal with live plants (the galaxy tank)
1 albino sucking loach (golden sucking loach) - AKA lazy loach as he's rubbish at cleaning! - don't buy one!! - have mine!
14 galaxy/firework rasboras (mix of girls and boys) - trying to breed them!
At least 7 galaxy fry!!

***********************************************************************************

106L = ~ 28 US Gal with live plants, airstone and bubbly filter (has air line) - (the guppy breeding tank)
mix of female and males and of course fry!
1 female bristlenose pleco

Galaxies

here's a picture of 2 of the galaxies. it is rather fuzzy as they move so fast it becomes a blur! but you can see the red fins and how they resemble a leopard danio in my opinion. this photo also shows the difference in brightness between the male and female.

java moss has just arrived, so with some terracotta pots I got from the in-laws (after carols recommendation to use pots!-thanks) I have tied it to one of those and placed in the tank. hopefully it will grow fast! the galaxies have been inspecting this new arrival of pot and java moss very closely!! lets hope they use it for babies!!!

OP
T

tan.b

Well Known
Reaction score
Gunnie said:
Looking good!   ;D
thank you! still a lot to do before they're exactly how I want them. the 45 gal is just a glass box at the mo! no lights, filter, heater etc! the gravel came with the tank in the castle tank which I hate, so will gradually change that so-as not to trigger a minI cycle. all the tanks except the 15gal need more plants.......will I ever be happy with them all or always finding another project, something else to change/add?!!! lol . its like the house.....as soon as i've decorated I find more to do!!! just time and money slows things down : !!!
tan

OP
T

tan.b

Well Known
Reaction score
FLBettaCouple said:
Great tanks & galaxies, tan!
thank you! hopefully when plants grow they'll look better. the galaxies are def the best part!!!

Dwarf Neon Rainbow Fish
This fish is so bright the photo doesn't do it justice. I was trying to get a picture of the galaxies, but he swam into view, so I snapped him instead! this is the male. the female has orange finnage rather than red.

Links to info about galaxies
decided better save them here as my computer keeps playing up and I lose my favorites along with several hours of research! also I can share it with others who may want a read! let me know if you find any links too!

Celestichthys margaritatus
Galaxy/Firework Rasbora
Celestial Pearl Danio
Microrasbora

OP
T

tan.b

Well Known
Reaction score
FLBettaCouple said:
Pretty little rainbow there.    How about you fly me across the pond & I'll fix your computer for you?
if I could I would!!

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
would you feed me farley's rusk as well? LOL.. pm me about the trouble, maybe I can help from here. Don't want a dodgy computer interferring with the galaxy breeding.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
the fry are such cute little things.. and I just got an idea on the rasboras.. put a recording beside them that repeats over & over "you're a guppy", then they'll be at it like rabbits!

OP
T

tan.b

Well Known
Reaction score
FLBettaCouple said:
the fry are such cute little things.. and I just got an idea on the rasboras.. put a recording beside them that repeats over & over "you're a guppy", then they'll be at it like rabbits!
or like guppies!!! maybe throw some guppies in there for a few days i'm sure they'd get the hang of it! they could teach them the "birds and the bees"! cos they aren't listening to me!
tan

Gwenz said:
lol. cool. pics. Must be so exciting having them!.

Gwenz
thanks gwenz! I said they were blurry! i'm so proud of my babies!!!! what am I like :! I keep checking the main tank for any more fry, but had none all afternoon so I think shes done for now. when i'm not peering in there i'm peering in the fry tank! they have bbs, its hatched at ast so they're devouring that! need another pop bottle so store the hatched bbs, so the other one can be hatching some more so I have a steady flow rather than having a day of none while its hatching! need to get organised with it!

OP
T

tan.b

Well Known
Reaction score
Callum Bass Masta said:
I see u have had a lot of fish aliens lol I had a guppy that disapeared fishaliens I tell u :;z

Peace Out Callum!
I have!!! they never take guppies though! I could spare a few of those! just the favourites of mine! - the fish that are harder to replace!! choosy aliens round here!! they could at least ask first!!! the cheek of them! you have reminded me I must update these tank pictures! not updated this post for ages! quite neglected lately!

OP
T

tan.b

Well Known
Reaction score
cichlid seeker said:
I sadly lost my wonder killie to those aliens about 2 months ago.
those fish aliens have a good taste!! they only choose the best! - i'd love to see their tank!

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I don't think fish aliens use tanks, but have adjustible fluidic energy barriers that contain the fish and their environment. :;z :;z :;z

OP
T

tan.b

Well Known
Reaction score
Stradius011 said:
Nice tank! What a long journal you have.
that's cos I change my mind and rearrange tanks, or get leaky tanks so am forced to rearrange them!! I aklso had a lot of time on my hands then to note everything down! 6 wks off work now, so I'll be abe to spend more time with my fish and FL again!

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
tan.b said:
Stradius011 said:
Nice tank! What a long journal you have.
that's cos I change my mind and rearrange tanks, or get leaky tanks so am forced to rearrange them!! I aklso had a lot of time on my hands then to note everything down! 6 wks off work now, so I'll be abe to spend more time with my fish and FL again!
and what about me? I feel so left out.. <sob>

New Threads