Tannin Betta Tank

Cazrea

Reaction score
No tannins yet since I just finished this tank a few days ago and waiting for the soil to finish leeching off ammonia, but I'm considering adding Anubias on the two rocks on the right. There are some sharp edges, but the betta I'm putting in this is a plakat so I think it'll be okay. I'll be putting full Indian Almond Leaves from a tree near my house on the right beside the swords.

Pretty excited for the plants to fill in, but afraid of the amazon sword taking over since the back one has like 7 inch clearance from the base LOL. I have 3 of them in there because I had 2 extras. I'm going to put both in a merger tank I'm currently planning since I'm downsizing to make things easier for us when we move in August, but I'm waiting for sand and lights to ship in before I can do anything.

I kinda wanted to make a higher slope but I didn't have enough substrate. Was initially just going to use gravel, jungle Val, and Dwarf Sag (the one on the right), but remembered I still had some things lying around and remaining ADA soil, so I decided to just go for it. I'm waiting for another 7.5g stock at my lfs for my other betta, and another one as a dedicated shrimp tank, but I'm setting those up at the new house weeks before we move so they're ready to go when the fish gets there.

Attachments

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Tank’s looking good & once the plants fill in it’ll look great

Julabean

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Your tank is gorgeous! I love the placement of the stones. How many gallons is it? Anubias might look good, but I'd go with a "petite" instead of a larger variety. Just a thought...

OP
Cazrea

Cazrea

Reaction score
Julabean said:
Your tank is gorgeous! I love the placement of the stones. How many gallons is it? Anubias might look good, but I'd go with a "petite" instead of a larger variety. Just a thought...
Thanks! It’s a 7 gallon square tank. I did get the non petite Anubias for my other tank, and I had extra so I chucked it in there temporarily. I just ordered in another tank with the same dimensions (12x12x12), but for shrimp this time.

New Threads