Tanks Cycled! Now What?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RHONDA PIMENTEL

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi all, my 2 tanks have now cycled. Ammo 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 30. So now, to keep the bb going, because no fish going in yet. Do I do a water change first or add ammonia first...? To make sure its really cycled? Ty all! Rhonda

CaptAnnDuchow

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi all, my 2 tanks have now cycled. Ammo 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 30. So now, to keep the bb going, because no fish going in yet. Do I do a water change first or add ammonia first...? To make sure its really cycled? Ty all! Rhonda
Add ammonia and if it is gone withine 24 hours you're completely cycled then water change to bring nitrates down.

DuaneV

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You add ammonia and make sure tomorrow you have no ammonia and nitrite reading. Then, if youre planning on getting fish right off, do a 50% water change and get the smallest, most peaceful fish first. Depending on the size of your tank, that might be 1 fish, it might be 20.

CaptAnnDuchow

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Definitely make sure to do your homework on bioloads of your fish choices and add slowly so you dont frwak your cycle out by overloading.

RHONDA PIMENTEL

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You add ammonia and make sure tomorrow you have no ammonia and nitrite reading. Then, if youre planning on getting fish right off, do a 50% water change and get the smallest, most peaceful fish first. Depending on the size of your tank, that might be 1 fish, it might be 20.
Ty so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 62 66.0%

Top Bottom