Tankmates

hayanna

I have recently (today) got a Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish (have been planning it for awhile and had tank ready.) We were looking for maybe one other fish to keep with him. Have been looking around and reading up and have heard a Saddle ValentinI Puffer is an idea for a tankmate. I think it's a neat looking fish and would be the perfect two for the tank. Does this sound like an okay pairing?
If we get the puffer they would be the only two fish in the tank. And yes I have another tank set up with live food for them.

sgould

Lions will actually get along pretty well with anything that is not small enough to be seen as food. For a dwarf, I would look for tank mates in the 4-5" range, which does fit the Saddle ValentinI Puffer. Keep in mind that the puffer is not reef friendly, meaning you probably will not be able to keep corals in the tank with it.

hayanna

I already have one reef tank and I wanted to make this tank for just the lion and puffer. So the no corals thing isn't a problem. Thank you much for the advice.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom