Tankmates With Serpae Tetras

PistolPete

Reaction score
Wanting to know what I could stock with Serpaes?

Currently have:

10 Serpaes
8 Albino Cory’s

Would like another school and possibly a centerpiece if anything would work. I’ve read that Serpaes can be jerks when it comes to fin nipping but was really hoping I could add something else with them.

Tank is a 45 gallon high with 2 HOB Aqueon Quiet Flow 50’s and moderately planted.

Ohio Mark

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Wanting to know what I could stock with Serpaes?

Currently have:

10 Serpaes
8 Albino Cory’s

Would like another school and possibly a centerpiece if anything would work. I’ve read that Serpaes can be jerks when it comes to fin nipping but was really hoping I could add something else with them.

Tank is a 45 gallon high with 2 HOB Aqueon Quiet Flow 50’s and moderately planted.
Funny this thread comes up today... I have a 29 gallon with 12 neons, Blue Rams, & panda corys. I had planned to up my neons & corys to fill up my stocking, but after seeing serpaes at a pet store, was really interested in them and thought of adding a small school. So, after googling them today, I backed off thinking they'd terrorize my neons. Not to highjack your thread, but wondering if anyone has experience with serpae bullying...

juscallmej

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I've had serpaes a while back and they are very nippy. a little less if their school is large enough. i would avoid anything that is slow with long fins such as angels, bettas etc. Maybe a second another nice school of tetras . to the other poster check out the ornate /fancy/white tip tetra

75g Discus Tank

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Most fish that have shorter fins and stay towards the bottom could work.

Apistogrammas would probably be best, but make sure to have a lot of hiding areas.

I would also recommend adding more serapes to kinda dilute the aggression.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom