Tankmates/hoping I Didn't Make A Mistake....

Discussion in 'Molly' started by ericabelle, Apr 20, 2017.

1. ericabelleNew MemberMember

Hello! I've got a male molly (about 2.5inches long) quarantining in a 15 gallon tall tank with 24 gold white cloud mountain minnows (about 1.25 inches long). They'll untimately go in a 75 gal tank where I have 12 longfinned zebra & leopard danios. Will the molly try to eat the minnows in such close quarters?
    Also, there is a ghost shrimp in the QT that is 1.5 inches long. I've tried to get her out, but she is impossible to catch! There are lots of fake plants and a driftwood cave in the tank. Is the shrimp in mortal danger now that I've put a molly in the tank?

2. GlamCrabWell Known MemberMember

I got mollies living with ember tetras, they totally ignore them.

3. ericabelleNew MemberMember

Fantastic! I wasn't sure with their large mouths! I just got this one yesterday, and I think he's going to be my favorite fish. They seem really smart. Do you, or does anyone, know whether I could keep a few males together in the 75 gallon? I wouldn't want to stress them out, but I also don't want babies.

4. GlamCrabWell Known MemberMember

My mollies are more interrested in nibbling algea on everything and mating rather then eat small fish. I dont think i ever heard of mollies eating other fish- even if they have a big mouth.

You can keep males togheter saw other member recommend all males in stockings suggestion. They might argue while they set up a pecking order but they arent violent. (As far as i know)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice