Tankmates for Panda Cory Question

1. katiemorrison94 Member Member

I love panda corys! I love everything about this fish, so in my empty 60 gallon aquarium I want to get 8-10 of them. What would be the perfect tank mates for panda corys? I have done some research but I was wondering what people think who have actually had/have them in their aquariums.

I want to get as many fish as a can for my 60 gallon tank. The dimensions are 48 x 12 x 25. I have a canister filter that filters 525 gph, and I also have a HOB filter that filters 210 gph. I also will be getting live plants. I have a few already, but I want a planted tank.

All suggestions are welcome and appreciated! Thanks!!!

2. Daniel W Member Member

Pretty much any non aggresive fish can be with corys. And I strongly advise against tiger barbs. They will bully and nip any cories.

3. dandelion Member Member

Defintely avoid super aggressive fish. I love corys and have kept them with quite a few different fish. Most leave them alone but I'm sure if you put too territorial of a fish with them they might become stressed or even nibbled on. They are also quite active, such cute and funny guys to have in a setup

4. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

What about a school of cherry barbs and a school of harlequin rasbora? Danios would work too.

5. katiemorrison94 Member Member

Those are good choices. What about neons or cardinals?

6. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Those would work!

7. Charles556 Member Member

Stick with neons; they are temperature compatible with pandas. Cardinals prefer warmer temperatures at around 80-84 and are better kept with sterbai, aeneus, GBRs, Discus, etc.

8. katiemorrison94 Member Member

Thankyou!

9. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member