Tankmates For Acf

RainMaker13

So I have an acf, and have recently added some mosquito fish to his tank. They are a bit to big to be eaten, but my question is, will they eat the clawed frog? They seem to be non-aggressive towards him, and their mouths seem to small. The frog is about half their body length, if not more. I am aware that they will be eaten as the frog grows, since he is still rather young. But can the two get along for now?

KimberlyG

They must be different than dwarf african frogs. Their eyesight isn't good enough to catch the mosquito fish and they are not agile enough anyway. I hope someone with clawed frogs chimes in soon.

RainMaker13

They must be different than dwarf african frogs. Their eyesight isn't good enough to catch the mosquito fish and they are not agile enough anyway. I hope someone with clawed frogs chimes in soon.
Not necessarily. Ive seen him devour mosquito fish. He loves em. They are just too big. He tried to eat em, but they didnt fit. He recognized that and stopped

KimberlyG

Thank God I got the Dwarf African Frog instead! Even with me waving it in his face, he's slow to get it. I don't know how they survive in the wild.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
bcfishtanks
Replies
Views
Beatrice83
Replies
Views
jenste
Replies
Views