Tankmate Conundrum

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Westside, Apr 22, 2018.

1. WestsideValued MemberMember

We have 9 danios, our tank is complete as far aquascaping so we want to add a few more fish and pretty much have this setup done, we wanted a firemouth and was told no, eventually start picking off the danios, attention moved to golden rams, we really like these, but again told no, water parameters different, the danios are cool and all but we need a few fish that pop with color, any suggestions greatly appreciated

2. ZeeZWell Known MemberMember

What size is the tank? Are the danios Zebra Danios? Are they the only fish in the tank?

3. WestsideValued MemberMember

29g, yes zebras, there is a Chinese algae eater in there but it's going in a 55g soon

4. Greg FWell Known MemberMember

Depending on tank size , Paradise fish , Bolivian rams. White clouds , many different barbs and tetras , hillstream loaches can all be good tankmates for danios.

Paradise fish or bolivian rams would be my suggestion for a centerpiece in that size tank.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2018
  5. WestsideValued MemberMember

We really like the rams, I'll look at the Bolivians, my daughter loves the goldens though

6. Greg FWell Known MemberMember

I love them too but they are somewhat fragile and really need 80 degrees or so. Gold barbs would work and your daughter might like them .

7. WestsideValued MemberMember

Ya 80° might be pushing it, we'll look into all suggestions so far, really just need a few centerpiece fish with lots of color, we like the makeup of rams

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice