Tanked on Animal Planet Bacteria

fishingman001

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Just saw this on the petco site.

Do you think it works? Does is house the correct bacteria?

divanina

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You know, I saw this stuff the other day at my Petco and never made the connection between the brand and the show. I'm curious to get opinions on it too. In the meantime, I'll stick with what I know works.

N

sirdarksol

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
It looks a little promising, actually. It doesn't say "keep adding every week," and it specifies that the bacteria are keyed for the freshwater environment.

pirahnah3

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Its the keep adding part that scares me, as with every other brand other than TSS you have to continue the use of the product basically forever.

fishingman001

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I emailed them today. I asked if it was a one time add like TSS or all the time like Stability.

This is what they said:

Hello John,

Colony is a one-time dose. Make sure and shake the bottle real good and follow the instructions on the bottle (water parameters are important for nitrifying bacteria).

If you have any other questions just shout back!

Regards,

--
Stacey Blood
Chief Marketing Coordinator - Products
Acrylic Tank Manufacturing
877-TANK-ATM
stacey@acrylicaquariums.com
acrylictankmanufacturing.com

divanina

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yes, that does sound more promising. The Colony seems to be less expensive than the TSS also. I'm going to be cycling some tanks soon. Maybe I'll do a comparison and post my results.

N

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning,

I also caught a glimpse of "Colony" after I did a rewind and froze the screen. I had to see what bacterial additive they were using!

Divanina that would be great should you decide to give it a try and then post your results. Let's get more responses on this additive and see if any other members have used it first. I'd hate for you to waste your $. It's new to me. Too, I always cycle by Seeding for an instant cycle.

Ken

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom