Tank With No Substrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatPlaysWithPets

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. It's me again. I was curious on if it would hurt anything to remove the substrate from my 55. I've grown tired of the substrate and think it would be cool to have a tank without substrate, then to have live plants in pots, and things like that.

OP
C

CatPlaysWithPets

Valued Member
Reaction score
Yup depends on the fish you have... Some fish like it better with the substrate but there is no problem in trying
Alright. Not going to have any bottom feeders. Only scavengers I might have are snails. Though I'm worried my Oscar might kill them. Yes I know he can't be in there his whole life. If you live in the 95376 area, you can pick him up if you want. He's about 5 inches

clk89

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Alright. Not going to have any bottom feeders. Only scavengers I might have are snails. Though I'm worried my Oscar might kill them. Yes I know he can't be in there his whole life. If you live in the 95376 area, you can pick him up if you want. He's about 5 inches
Just as a heads up you aren't really allowed to sell fish/snails on here until you get 50 posts. I have zero room for a Oscar, as you know they need big tanks. With an Oscar you might be able to get away with no substrate. The snails may actually enjoy substrate.

OP
C

CatPlaysWithPets

Valued Member
Reaction score
Just as a heads up you aren't really allowed to sell fish/snails on here until you get 50 posts. I have zero room for a Oscar, as you know they need big tanks. With an Oscar you might be able to get away with no substrate. The snails may actually enjoy substrate.
Not selling him. Giving him away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom