Tank Upgrade

hockeyguy6543

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I currently have a 10 gallon planted tank with 6 cardinal tetras and some cories. I have had this tank for about a year and I fear I might be developing “multitankitis”. I am considering upgrading to a 20 gal, as to introduce more options and variety. Any thoughts?

jaymethy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Both of those species will be much happier in a 20 gallon. So I would suggest doing it! In a 20 you could keep shoals of both those species, and introduce a small shoal of another nano species. Go even bigger, and you'll have so many more stocking options.

You could then do something really cool with the 10 gal. You could divide it in 2-3 and keep a few bettas. Do a shrimp breeder and have a massive shrimp colony. Keep a single pea puffer... so many options.

hockeyguy6543

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I was thinking about changing up the 10 gallon, but then I realized I really liked the species I already have, but would like to add more. Here is my current plan of stocking, feel free to comment:

2 Dwarf Gouramis
8-10 cardinal tetras
5 cories

puffer boi

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Both of those species will be much happier in a 20 gallon. So I would suggest doing it! In a 20 you could keep shoals of both those species, and introduce a small shoal of another nano species. Go even bigger, and you'll have so many more stocking options.

You could then do something really cool with the 10 gal. You could divide it in 2-3 and keep a few bettas. Do a shrimp breeder and have a massive shrimp colony. Keep a single pea puffer... so many options.
or 2 pea puffers

jaymethy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I was thinking about changing up the 10 gallon, but then I realized I really liked the species I already have, but would like to add more. Here is my current plan of stocking, feel free to comment:

2 Dwarf Gouramis
8-10 cardinal tetras
5 cories
Is that your stocking for the 20 gallon? Cuz that would make a nice 20 gal. Cardinal tetras and cories both don't fit in a 10 gallon. If that were the 10 gallon, it would also be very overstocked.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom