Tank Upgrade..... What To Buy!?!

Lee Burton
Ok so currently I have a 68 ltr bow front tank and really want to upgrade to something nearer the 200 ltr mark.

So many options, makes and variations out there I'm lost in a sea ( no pun intended) of options. I don't want to spend the earth so would appreciate your advice / experiences of brands before I wade in some pocket money.

Many thanks in advance!

WinterSoldier.
Starter kits. You can buy a starter kit. Relatively cost effective you can buy a 5,10,20,29,37,45,55 and above starter kit. They come with a tank, heater, filter, caterages, a net, and a water testing vial.

Lee Burton
Starter kits. You can buy a starter kit. Relatively cost effective you can buy a 5,10,20,29,37,45,55 and above starter kit. They come with a tank, heater, filter, caterages, a net, and a water testing vial.
Don't really need a starter kit ... I have all that kit already for my 68ltr tank... I want a reasonable upgrade with good performance......

WinterSoldier.
Don't really need a ... I have all that kit already for my 68ltr tank... I want a reasonable upgrade with good performance......

I don't really understand what you want, do you want a better filter? More interesting fish?

Lee Burton
Ok... I want a bigger tank.... I want something that looks decent about 200 ltr + has maybe some decent filtration with it..... Something that isn't going to peel laminate off the cupboard when a drop of water falls on it..
I would like advice on brands eheim /fluval /cleair/ bla bla bla ...
People's experiences of these.

BottomDweller
I have a juwel rio 240. It's 240 litres and 121 cm long. It is a little taller than I'd like. Lights are decent, I've been able to grow some easy plants. Filter hold a lot of filter media which is always good but the flow rate definitely wasn't enough for the tank size so I added some extra filters. I don't think you can remove the filter. The tank itself looks good and so does the stand.

Lee Burton
The rio does look nice.. I may have the same problem re height though . I'm only 5ft 8. :/

I love the look of the aqua one horizon ....... Not sure how good they are though ...

aussieJJDude
Have you considered shopping around and buying just a glass tank (with lid and stand) and then sourcing heater, filter and whatnot separately?

Sometimes this can be a lot cheaper than an all in one tank, and allows you to customise to suit your needs- and buy something that's not subpar like the all in one tanks usually include.

Second hand tanks are also a great option, so hunting online may be a good option.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Fizzfrog
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
NatureFine
Replies
Views
max h
Replies