1. Amazon PRIME Day is today!
    Stock up on aquarium goodies!

No PRIME membership? No problem, sign up for a 30 Day Free Prime Trial to take advantage of the PRIME day sale prices!

Dismiss Notice

Tank Upgrade On The Plate...40?45?50?55?60?

1. Livielupop

Livielupop Valued Member Member

What size tank should I upgrade to?

2. goplecos

goplecos Well Known Member Member

I would do a 60. 55s are way too thin.

Advertisement

3. fjh

fjh Well Known Member Member

Depends in what fish you want to keep in there and how much room you have in general, the bigger the better. However when I do any upgrades, I stalk Craigslist and just hold out until I find a good tank there.

4. liberosis4170

liberosis4170 Valued Member Member

what are you upgrading from? i stalk Craigslist too >.>

5. Fashooga

Fashooga Fishlore VIP Member

I wouldn't do a 55g. I have one sitting here and I'm having a hard time figuring out what I want to do with it. 55g are generally beginner tanks and generally most seen on 2nd hand sites like Craigslist. 55g lack depth thus limits on types of fish you want.

Depending on what you want you can go bigger, a 75 gallon will provide the depth needed to get certain fish but it's no longer than the standard 55g. If you think 75g is too much get a 40b which is just as deep as a 75g but just 35g less.

Just get a tank that you will be happy with in the long run. The bigger the tank the more doors open for you.

6. BluMan1914

BluMan1914 Well Known Member Member

Jump to a 75. You will be much happier. I had a brand new 55 that I never setup because I didn't like how narrow it was. Got rid of it and got a 75. Just the extra 5" in depth makes a big difference.

7. OP
    OP
    Livielupop

Livielupop Valued Member Member

Aw sweet thank you all!! I think I'll do the 75 im upgrading from my 29 and just want a bigger span of options to choose from with my fish