Tank Updates

1. Dlondon95 Well Known Member Member

This thread will be a thread for updates on all my tanks, excluding the ones in the fish room since I have a whole other thread for that. I am going to try to update this once a week with pictures if I can. So here it goes!

10g NPT Betta tank - I took the gravel out of this tank last night and put dirt in it with a pool filter sand cap. I mixed in some red clay I found in my back yard with the dirt, so I'm interested to see if that makes a difference.
    [​IMG]
    Stock: 1 male betta, 3 ADF's, and 2 mystery snails.
    Plants: Wisteria, crypt wendtii red, mondo grass, najas, water onion, dwarf clover, subwassertang, java moss.

36g community - I'm hoping to convert this tank to an NPT in the next month or so. I need to pick up some more sand before I do so. I am going to be restocking this tank soon.
    [​IMG]
    Stock: 12 neon tetras, 3 black skirt tetras, 3 white skirt tetras, 1 male betta, 1 bronze cory.
    Plants: a whole forest of wisteria, najas, subwassertang, water onion, java moss, java fern.

5.5g sakura shrimp tank - I just set this one up a few weeks ago. I bought the shrimp on aquabid as sakura shrimp, but I think they are just cherries. The only female I have is almost solid red, like sakura shrimp, but the males barely have ANY red. They are mostly just clear.
    [​IMG]
    Stock: Sakura/cherry shrimp
    Plants: Java moss, najas, wisteria, crypt wendtii red, dwarf clover, and some plant that I forgot the name of and lost the label to. It's in the back left corner, the biggest plant in the tank.

75g community tank - I plan on converting this to an NPT also over the summer. That should be fun :;fru. I am still having a slight algae problem on the sand, but it has cleared up a lot since it started.
    [​IMG]
    Stock: 4 angels (3 gold and 1 silver clown), 3 otos, and 1 male betta.
    Plants: Java moss, java fern, najas, wisteria, aponogeton, water onion.

Well that's enough updates for today!

2. Disc61 Well Known Member Member

very nive, thanks for sharing Dillon. good luck with the projects

3. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

great looking tanks man well done!

4. Dlondon95 Well Known Member Member

Thanks guys!

5. orandagal Member Member

Wow, really nice, I especially like the 2nd one down :)

6. Dlondon95 Well Known Member Member

Thanks.

The 36 looks a little empty right now. I took a bunch of plants out of it for the 75. It also has a little algae on the glass.

7. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

Very nice! Love the 10 ga tank very cool.

8. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

They all look super nice, have you thought about backgrounds for them yet? I have a solid blue background on my planted tank it looks super nice :)

9. Dlondon95 Well Known Member Member

I would like to get backgrounds for them. Maybe I'll check some out at petsmart this weekend.

I have 2 pieces of black construction paper on the back of the 10g, but it's not a very dark black.

10. Dlondon95 Well Known Member Member

Update!

I didn't have time at all this weekend for water changes or anything, so I didn't take a lot of pictures. I'll take some more tomorrow when I do water changes.

The reason I didn't have time for anything was because my Dad and I were clearing out fallen trees from our creed all weekend. I wasn't too thrilled about it, but then I had a thought. There might be some awesome driftwood down there!

I found a couple nice pieces. The one that i REALLY liked and wanted to put in my 75g didn't fit because it was too tall... But I found another big piece that does!

The tank looks really bad right now because the plants need to fill in, but I'm happy with how it turned out. The driftwood isn't quite waterlogged yet, so i had to weight it down with some rocks.

IMG_2219.jpg

I also went to the pet store and got 2 pearl gouramis and 6 black neon tetras. The gouramis are doing good. The neons, not so much. When I put them in, I didn't realize how small they were yet and my biggest angel ate 1. Till I could grab my net and a cup, he must have eaten another because I only caught 4. They are now in the 10g with the betta and ADF's.

11. Dlondon95 Well Known Member Member

Photo bomb!

I moved 8 red wag platys to the tank. I had them in another tank previously.
    [​IMG]

The angels (all of which are for sale by the way. Check 'em out in the B/S/T forum)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pearls. I had a hard time getting good pics of them cause they swim around so fast!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also want to add that I added another light strip to the tank. Its an old 40 watt T12, but extra light is extra light!

12. Dlondon95 Well Known Member Member

Betta hanging out under the driftwood.
    [​IMG]

A little fat and happy oto hanging out on one of the swords.
    [​IMG]

And a FTS
    [​IMG]

13. Dlondon95 Well Known Member Member

Here's a short feeding video of the 75g I took this morning.

[​IMG]

14. Dlondon95 Well Known Member Member

Update!

The 36g is officially dirty! It has a dirt substrate that is :)

It took about me about 2 hours to do, but it's finally done!

[​IMG]

I don't really like where all the plants are, but this tank isn't really a "show" tank. It is going to house my GBR's when I get them and start breeding them. Right now it is home to 7 black neons.

Updates on the other tanks will come this weekend. I've been very busy and Saturday is gonna be major tank day!

15. Dlondon95 Well Known Member Member

Okay. Time for some updates!

36g: Got some German Blue Rams at petsmart today! I just added them to the tank about 10 minutes ago and they are doing great so far. Here's some pictures. I also have a video uploading.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Updates and pictures on the other tanks coming after I finish water changes.

16. Dlondon95 Well Known Member Member

Okay. Time for some updates!

36g: Got some German Blue Rams at petsmart today! I just added them to the tank about 10 minutes ago and they are doing great so far. Here's some pictures. I also have a video uploading.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Updates and pictures on the other tanks coming after I finish water changes.

17. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

Rams look nice in that tank, I'm sure they will be quite happy!

18. Dlondon95 Well Known Member Member

19. Dlondon95 Well Known Member Member

Well I didn't get around to water changes this weekend or today. I've been really busy with stuff around the house. I'm hoping to get them all done tomorrow after school!

Better news, the rams ate their first flakes tonight! They went crazy for them!

20. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

Wait when you dumped the bag in there did you just pour the other water in your tank?