Tank Update

LifeSAbeach

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
A few changes have been made! First of all, I salute all those who have mastered the ability to maintain a live plant aquarium. For me, I think it is a lot more difficult than maintaining fish!
So with my fantastic plastic range in place, I can spend more time concentrating on keeping my fish alive. They don't seem to mind the new arrangements. In fact, I've noticed some changes in their characters that I had not noticed before.
I may rearrange or add some colour in the future. I may revisit the live plants and introduce some grasses down the track, but for now, I'm happy with this lot. I now enjoy it more and the stress is gone!
I have a video on its way.

Attachments

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hi Ron
The tank looks great! For added texture and variety, you could try some silk plants.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years

Hello Ron,

I think you've done a wonderful job with your tank. Beautiful! Great photos! I'm glad that you've relieved some of your stress! Live plants or no live plants, to me peace of mind is crucial in this hobby .

Keeping an open for the video!

Thanks for sharing and keeping us updated.

Ken

TedsTank

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That is a beautiful tank!! Stunning!
Ditto on Lucys comment, find place forr a bit of colorful plastic plants...natural of course!!..lol

LifeSAbeach

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Funnily, I did eye off some silk plants with wide leaves in round 2, but Mrs Life got a shock when I turned up with all these plastics in round 1 with associated cost. She said I should just buy 2 or 3!? The tank just swallowed them up, and she understands that now, but I'll be KO'd before I get to round 3. So it's just steady as she goes atm

ayelie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thats a nice tank.

LifeSAbeach

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Video

Thanks for the compliments! It's getting late so there isn't much happening. Best time is always in the morning. I get some satisfaction in the knowledge that the plastic plants were derived from once living things!:whistling: Is that drawing a long bow?

swervo513

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
love the rock scape!!

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi Ron

Great video. The Angels are beautiful and love the Silver Dollars. Great tank!

Hello to Mrs. Life!

Ken

LifeSAbeach

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks again. Funny story about the rocks. They were the last items slowly coming out of the tank. As I was getting closer to removing the last of the rocks, I was pretty worried about hurting the Kuhlis and the BNs. All the others were smart enough to get to one corner of the tank out of the way.
I'd occasionally at random expose these and they would just find another hiding spot. the Kuhlis eventually took off, but the BNs would not give up their territory to the point where there was one rock left. Two pieces joined together with the larger sitting on top, the two were fighting each other for the same spot - all I could see were fins and tails wagging.
After the cleanup, no sooner did I install the first rock, the BNs were trying to claim their territory. I had a terrible time trying to set up the rocks, and relocating them until happy with the layout. If I didn't know where they were, I had to always make sure I could see both BNs in case I squashed them.
Needless to say, they and the kuhlis are happy in their new homes. The challenge again is to spot them!

lorabell

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I just love the way u have the rocks in there!!!!!! And your angels are to DIE for!!!!!!!!

LifeSAbeach

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks Lori. The Angels are the friendliest critters. I originally purchased six of them, eventually losing two ( details posted before ). Always wanted more, and out of the four I got a pair. Added another four recently - barely an inch in length. They weren't welcome at first, but within a couple of days, they were accepted.
If I'm up close to the tank looking at the rocks or whatever, you are always trying to look around them - they are so much in your face!

kefman86

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
stunning tank. you cant even tell that they are fake and the rock formation looks fantastic!

got a bit choked up looking at your second pic. your clown loach reminded me of my recently deceased 'Chinny'. i miss him

LifeSAbeach

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
kefman86 said:
stunning tank. you cant even tell that they are fake and the rock formation looks fantastic!

got a bit choked up looking at your second pic. your clown loach reminded me of my recently deceased 'Chinny'. i miss him
Thanks Kefman. Sorry about the loss of Chinny. Once you get your larger tank, do you intend getting more clown loaches? The one in my pic is called 'Ralph's Loach' (previous owner). He/She has three buddies. Their character really comes out when there are three or more. I am keen to get two more, but really have to watch my stock limit.

kefman86

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
oh im definatly getting some more when i upgrade. clown loaches are so much fun to watch and live longer than most pets! but for now my angels keep me occupied with their antics

LifeSAbeach

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Can't Help Myself!

Can't resist a good buy - AUS$8.00 each. I hope I have some females in this lot.

Attachments

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello Life

Beautiful new Plecos and what a great price! I hope they are do well for you!
Keep us posted.

Ken

kefman86

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
aww i love baby plecos

Betta/Horse lover

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Awesome tanks and fish!I use to have Silver Dollars like that!

callichma

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I love your rocks. The arrangement is really perfect for your tank. What kind of rocks are they? Slate? I'm getting the urge to get a larger tank--28g is my largest. If I do, I definitely would like to do something like you did.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom