Tank Swap! It's On! 90 Gallon Tank

1. mtsguy21 Well Known Member Member

Lexi03 and I decided awhile ago we were going to eventually swap out our 75g for our 90g tank. Since we don't have room for both, and they have the same footprint (90g is just taller), it makes sense to use the 90g. Either today or tomorrow it is finally happening! We are gonna be moving allot of fish and plants around. Luckilly we have plenty of space in our 55g to keep the fish until we get the tanks swapped. I will try to take pictures of the process. Updates to come.

2. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Ooh, have fun! And don't fall in! ;D

3. mtsguy21 Well Known Member Member

It is definitely gonna be tomorrow. With our l239s and yo yos coming today, I have to acclimate them and setup the 20g for them. Plus lexi is too tired today, that's my fault though.

4. catsma_97504 Fishlore Legend Member

Good luck moving everything around!

5. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

Thanks Catsma, I 've been putting it off because I have a couple of real big crypts in the 75gal, if they melt I'm going to be so sad, the red one is one of my favorites.

6. mtsguy21 Well Known Member Member

Maybe next week... :'(

With a Lexi being sick, and having to work overtime, looks like the tank swap is gonna get put off for at least another week. By then we will hopefully have our filters for the 125g and can set everything up at once.

7. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Feel better, Lexi!

8. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

Feel Better Lexi - I set my 100 gallon up this last weekend, so I know that it is quite a process and a lot of hard work.

9. catsma_97504 Fishlore Legend Member

Get better soon. No point in being in a hurry.

10. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

Thanks everyone, I am feeling much beter now, I caught a badcold bug, so from Monday until yesterday I slept all day and layed around surfing Fishlore all evening before I had to work, Chris even took a day off work to take care of me. Hoping to have the tank swap and 125gal up by next weekend.

11. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

good luck with that, glad your feeling better.

12. mtsguy21 Well Known Member Member

The Filters Are Here!

The filters for the 125g just arrived! We are gonna do a quick gravel vac on the 125g then get started on the swap! We are only setting up one of the filters today. We need more media for the second one. Wish us luck!

13. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Get your scuba gear out! :;scuba

14. QQQUUUUAADDD Well Known Member Member

Which filters did you get?

15. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

We got 2 of the 530gph Sunsuns.

16. QQQUUUUAADDD Well Known Member Member

Ahhh. I see. I've heard they're good filters.

17. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Are these canisters, or HOBs?

18. QQQUUUUAADDD Well Known Member Member

SunSuns are canisters.

19. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

we thought we would give them a try, got them for $89.00 each with media and free shipping.

20. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Thats a good deal :O