Tank suggestions 10 gal

Adam510

Hey I was just wondering if I should add anything more to my tank? I have 8 fish in this 10 gallon tank, 3 platys, 3 neon tetra, a beta and a small sucker fish. I feel the tank can look empty at times and wonder if the fish should have more stuff to swim in or more fish in the tank. (Had tank for 3 months, first tank) any suggestions? Keep it the same?

image.jpg

Ghelfaire

What species is your sucker fish? Some species will outgrow a 10g.

Mire decorations might be the better way to go rather than more fish. I know tetras do better in bigger schools but they also would need a bigger tank (swimming space).

If you wanted to try live plants anubias is practically unkillable and bettas love it. You can leave it to float or bury just the roots (leave the rhizome above the substrate).

Also you should fill the water to the top.

Upvote 0

Adam510

What species is your sucker fish? Some species will outgrow a 10g.

Mire decorations might be the better way to go rather than more fish. I know tetras do better in bigger schools but they also would need a bigger tank (swimming space).

If you wanted to try live plants anubias is practically unkillable and bettas love it. You can leave it to float or bury just the roots (leave the rhizome above the substrate).

Also you should fill the water to the top.
I honestly don’t know the species, it is really small though and I don’t think it’ll grow anymore. Employee at petsmart recommended it for my size tank and it seems to be fine. And okay I was debating on more tetras, or another small fish by itself or 2 of them. I like the sound of that plant, I’ll definitely look into it. And I don’t have the water all the way full because the filter is inside the tank and the water comes out right above that level, unless that’s not right I’m not too sure.

Upvote 0

grac3

Do you have a picture of the sucker fish?

With that being said, a 10 gallon is too small for a betta, neons AND platys. I suggest getting a 20 gallon tank for your neons and platys. Neons are schooling fish and feel much better in groups of 6+. A 20 gallon is perfect for them with your platys, and depending on the type of sucker fish you have, that too would be happy in there. A 10 gallon is a perfect size for a single betta.

Upvote 0

Ghelfaire

I second the picture of the suckee fish. Also send a picture of how your filter is set up, you should be able to have the water closer to the top.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Adam510
Replies
Views
FishFrenzy1
Replies
Views
JettsPapa
  • Question