Tank Stuff/Updates/Betta Questions

1. Guppy Horses

Guppy Horses Valued Member Member

Hey guys!:;hi1
    It's been probably around 5 months since I've been on here. The 4 guppies (3 females and 1 male) that I started my 20 gal long tank with sadly passed away, but they left around 20-25 fry (not sure because it's hard to count them!:p) with them and they are doing wonderfully. Most of the fry are 2-3 months old. I did some re-arranging such as a new glass top, new decor, etc. I'll put some pictures below (sorry the quality isn't the best)
    Also, this is the only tank I currently have (hopefully not for long!)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I cleaned out my old bookshelf and now I have an empty space where I want to put a 10 gal tank for a betta but I need something to place it on. I want a white dresser (to match my other one) and the maximum length and height has to be 38x36.

Any good suggestions on where I can get one?

Also, I've been looking for a filter that's good for a 10 gal, but also not too strong for a betta. I've been looking at the Aqueon QuietFlow International Filter, and I'm not sure if the filter flow is too strong or not.

Do you guys have good 10 gallon betta filters?

-Guppy

2. Aquaphobia

Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

Your tank looks nice:) Personally I would add more plants but that's my taste. Also, I would suggest rehoming any female offspring and just keeping the males. Since they're all siblings you want to avoid inbreeding!

For furniture, I always check out local classifieds and secondhand stores. Older furniture tends to be much sturdier and made of real wood rather than particle board.

Sponge filters are always a good choice for bettas. Available in many shapes and sizes and very cheap! All you need to run it is some airline and an air pump:)

3. OP
    OP
    Guppy Horses

Guppy Horses Valued Member Member

Thank you!

4. CROWNTAILBETTA

CROWNTAILBETTA Well Known Member Member

I would definitely recommend the Aqueon QuietFlow it keeps my 30 gallon crystal clear, and the flow rate is easily fixed by putting a water bottle over the output, good luck with the betta!