Tank Stuff/Updates/Betta Questions

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Guppy Horses, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Guppy Horses

Guppy Horses Valued Member Member

Hey guys!:;hi1
    It's been probably around 5 months since I've been on here. The 4 guppies (3 females and 1 male) that I started my 20 gal long tank with sadly passed away, but they left around 20-25 fry (not sure because it's hard to count them!:p) with them and they are doing wonderfully. Most of the fry are 2-3 months old. I did some re-arranging such as a new glass top, new decor, etc. I'll put some pictures below (sorry the quality isn't the best)
    Also, this is the only tank I currently have (hopefully not for long!)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I cleaned out my old bookshelf and now I have an empty space where I want to put a 10 gal tank for a betta but I need something to place it on. I want a white dresser (to match my other one) and the maximum length and height has to be 38x36.

Any good suggestions on where I can get one?

Also, I've been looking for a filter that's good for a 10 gal, but also not too strong for a betta. I've been looking at the Aqueon QuietFlow International Filter, and I'm not sure if the filter flow is too strong or not.

Do you guys have good 10 gallon betta filters?

-Guppy

2. Aquaphobia

Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

Your tank looks nice:) Personally I would add more plants but that's my taste. Also, I would suggest rehoming any female offspring and just keeping the males. Since they're all siblings you want to avoid inbreeding!

For furniture, I always check out local classifieds and secondhand stores. Older furniture tends to be much sturdier and made of real wood rather than particle board.

Sponge filters are always a good choice for bettas. Available in many shapes and sizes and very cheap! All you need to run it is some airline and an air pump:)

3. OP
    OP
    Guppy Horses

Guppy Horses Valued Member Member

Thank you!

4. CROWNTAILBETTA

CROWNTAILBETTA Well Known Member Member

I would definitely recommend the   it keeps my 30 gallon crystal clear, and the flow rate is easily fixed by putting a water bottle over the output, good luck with the betta!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice