Tank Stand + Bookshelf Ideas for 20 long

Discussion in 'Freshwater Tank Equipment' started by porkozone, Dec 17, 2012.

1. p

porkozone New Member Member

I currently have a 10g tank on the dresser in my daughter's room. I want to get a larger tank, but know that the dresser is not likely to hold a 20-30 gallon tank.

The only other space in their room for a tank currently has the following cube shelf unit:

I KNOW this won't support the tank, but am looking for something that would support the tank as well as allow for similar shelf space. Space in their room is limited.

Does anyone know of anything out there that would work for this, and support either a 20 long or a 29g tank? I could probably make something similar out of 2x4s and plywood I would assume - does anyone know of any plans out there that would help in building one?

2. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

3. L

LyleB Well Known Member Member

You could also build a unit out of stacked bricks/blocks and planking or plywood sheves. These can be extremely stable.

4. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello,

The second link in post #2 above will demonstrate what LyleB is describing. :)

Ken

5. L

LyleB Well Known Member Member

Yep - shows some of the possibilities. Should have checked your links. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice