Tank Stand Advice

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by AquaPro247, Jun 22, 2018.

1. AquaPro247Valued MemberMember

so when i purchased my 75 gallon a while back it came with an aqueon stand designed for 75, 90, and 110 gallon aquariums due to their similar footprint.

Every once and a while I hear a creaking noise coming from the tank area. Is this normal when new stands are adjusting to the weight?

Also, sometimes when I am standing right beside the tank doing a water change the same noise happens. What do you think?

2. jdhef

jdhefModeratorModerator Member

I would think that so long as the stand isn't defective, you'd have nothing to worry about. Does the creaking only occur when your standing near the tank? If so it could just be the floor deflecting a little due to the additional weight of you (or someone else) standing in the tanks proximity.

3. OP
    OP
    A

AquaPro247Valued MemberMember

I haven't actually heard it creak lately, just a few days ago. I have been worrying ever since. Now thinking about it, it only really happens when standing near the tank. Thanks for your response, this really helped to reassure me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice