Question Tank Size ?

Maxi

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi Everyone
What size tank should my 2 Inch Pleco be in.
I have him in a 8 Gallon / 27l tank with one Betta?
Is this space big enough for him and at What size should i move him into a bigger tank?
Thanks
Maxi

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello Maxi,

Different types of Pleco's grow to different sizes. Can you share a photo of your Pleco? Do you know what type of Pleco it is?

Ken

Last edited:

Maxi

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My Pleco looks like a common pleco but i will have to double check when i have him in front of me.. I will try to post pics later on today, as they were not loading over the weekend. I will have to invest in a bigger tank for him soon then, although he is still very small. How Many plecos can you have living together or do they prefer to be on ther own with other fish.
Thanks
Maxi

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hey Maxi,

Common Pleco's can grow 18 to 24 inches and require a large tank. I have one in my 265g and is currently 9 inches. Pleco's are huge waste producers so this is something else to keep in mind.

I've personally never had good luck with keeping more than 1 Pleco per tank. Others on Fish Lore have had some success keeping more than one. I'm sure you'll get more responses on this.

If you are having problems loading your photos then the photo file may be too large. You can re-size your photos here:
Free Online Picture Resizer - Crop and Resize photos, images, or pictures online for FREE!

Ken

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom