tank size?

raptors_4

Reaction score
What would be a good tank size for a group of kuhlii loaches?

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Depends on the size group you want really
A well planted 10 gallon with 3-4 kuhlis and a couple of guppies OR platys Or white clouds for dither fish will work. bUT the water quality has to be top notch. This is the set-up I started out with and I loved them so much I graduated to a 55 gallon loach tank that has 20 black kuhlis(Pangio javanicus) 6 striped kuhlis. It also has yoyo loaches, and hillstream loaches with danios for dither fish. It is also a sand tank. Kuhlis of all kinds really appreciate lots of hiding places, the dither fish are necessary to make them feel safe enough to come out or they will hide all the time and you will never see them. Here are a few kuhlis See you should never get me tling about my kuhlis
Carol

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
For my 10gal., would it be able to support 1-2 coolie loaches? I have about an inch worth of gravel on the bottom and there is a rock for it to hide under. There is also 5 java ferns in it.
Tom

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Could someone help me before tomorrow?
Tom

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You could probably put three or four in the ten gallon. They have such a small bio-load that you can't go by the inch per gallon rule here.
they love lots of plants.
Carol

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
So I would be able to fit a few in the tank? What size do you recomend on getting? Is there enough gravel in the bottom of my tank and other hiding places? The ferns are also fully grown. Sorry about all the questions.
Tom

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You know questions are no problem the gravel is fine although it is funny watching them take sand in their mouth and shoot it out the gill openings while they sift for yummy critters to eat. Most Kuhlis are tiny when you get them so there isn't much choice as to size.
Carol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom