0.0%
  5. 50 Gal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 80+ Gal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Evan1 Initiate Member

I'm curious to see how serious everyone is into their aquarium life. Hoq big are your tanks? Well decorated? Whats the biggest fish you've had/have? (I saw a 2.5 ft nurse shark at local pet store, $350, very cool!) Also let me know if you have more then one, and how many of what sizes! Curiousity's killin' my cat!!!! :)

2. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

I have 1 10 gal. housing 6 multies, a 20 gal. long community with 1 opaline gourami, 3 buenos aires tetras, 4 yo yo loaches, & 5 cory cats, a 29 gal. with a good sized red eared slider, a 55 gal. with 5 koi angels, and a 100 gal. tank with 2 oscars, 1 jack dempsey, and 1 large pleco. I also have a 110 and 55 gal. empty.

3. Jason Well Known Member Member

Ive seen a massive Saratogo $450(Australian) and a huge Murray Cod-2.2ft and a really big Salmon-tail Catfish-2ft in different pet stores

4. Evan1 Initiate Member

Sheesh Gunnie. How long have you been into aquariums? Where do you keep all your tanks? Sounds like you must have alot of money invested in them. It must take you forever to clean or feed your fish each day!! :eek:

5. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Not really. I do 50% water changes on all my tanks every week with the help of my trusty python. It takes me about 2 hours if I don't take a break. I've only been into fish about 3 1/2 years, and still am so much a newbie. I love the hobby, and have met some great folks online whom I have met in person, and just love to learn about fish. I have a very stressful job and family life, and this hobby really allows me a little time to disappear into the fish tank and forget about the world for awhile. And 5 tanks is nothing! A friend of mine and Butterfly's is currently building a fish house which will house 9,000 gallons of fish! ;)

6. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

OK.. if you really want to know...
    20G- 5 black angels growing out
    20G - female Marble angel waiting for a mate
    30G long- 6 breeding bristlenose,1 elegans cory, 1 koi angel (outcast from another tank)
    30G long- 15 multies and fry- millions of malaysian trumpet snails
    20 G long unheated- 7 hillstrean loaches, 6 whitecloud mountain minnows
    10G- 6 black kuli loaches(pangio javincus), 1 female betta, 1 female blue ram(both girls are temp)
    10G- q tank- new 3 panda corys, 1 male blue ram, 1 otocinclus
    !5 G long- 2 black angels (until fry come out of the 20 G)
    29G- 11 albino and green aeneus corys, many guppies
    75G- 2 -6inch clown loaches, 1 rhino pleco(P. scorphus), 20 green neons, 20 black neons, 3 koi angels, 2 glo-lite tetras, 2 mystery tetras and 1 otocinclus.
    25 G tub- 1 albino pleco
    All heavily planted and thats just inside ;D

7. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

I forgot the 2 new skunk loaches in the other q tank
    ;D

8. Evan1 Initiate Member

Wow buterfly. Why so much? All this talk is making my measily 10 gallon 5 fish-tank look like a speck. Why do you have so many! And curious, how much money do you have invested in that? What if you had to leave town for a week! This is making me want another tank!! lol  ::)

9. Jason Well Known Member Member

Where do you put so many tanks???????

10. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Why so much: Well I have this disease called Multiple Tank Syndrom(MTS). I keep seeing another fish I want and either they can't be mixed with what I have or they need a bigger tank. as in the Clown Loaches. They started in the 30Long and as they grew needed a larger tank. Now their in the 75G.
    How much money do i have invested in them: Not as much as it looks like ;) the 2-30L's,20L were given to me. The 20's and 1-10G were found at yard sales. Check out your local freecycle for tanks and tank stuff. I also accumulated these over several years.
    What if I have to leave town for a week: Fish can go aweek without being fed and be fine. although mine don't. Funny you should mention it but I just got back into town from being gone almost a week. I am lucky I have a grown son and daughter who have fish of their own or are knowledgeable enough to feed them. I also leave little plastic snack bags taped to the tanks with dates on them and they contain what I want them to have on those days.

Don't worry about your ten being all you have enjoy it, if you get another tank then thats great, if not thats ok too. We all started somewhere ;)

Since all my tanks are in my living room I don't have any furniture ;D just light chairs so we can move them around and watch which ever side of the room we want to. It's really cool.
    Carol

11. Jason Well Known Member Member

Sounds pretty good to me

12. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

LOL I'm doing the same - all around my parents house I'm moving furniture into the attic and replacing it with fish tanks ;D Today my brother and I are setting up the 170 litre when he comes home. I'm actually now looking for an extrenal filter but goodness, they're expensive! I cant order it online because my bros tank has a little leak whcih is getting bigger so we have to get the big tank set up asap to get his otocinclus and dwarf gourami out of the broken tank! I also bought 2 very cute little female mickey mouse platys to keep my males company - they were also pestering the only female so she should get a break ;)

13. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Thanks J-man.
    Miss Mouse: My hubby hauled a very uncomfortable, worn-out couch away and when he came back there was a 30G long tank and stand in its place. He likes to tell everyone I made him throw the furniture away so i could put more tanks in ;D
    Carol

14. Evan1 Initiate Member

Wow Butterfly! That sounds really cool. Just a room lined with tropical fish. I can picture it at night all lit up and just some loose chairs where you can sit down in front of any tank and observe. I Think it's so much fun o just sit and watch them. But I definetly want to go bigger and better. I have my ten gallon tank now which is cool but looks smaller by the day! Any suggestions on my next step (within a reasonable...oh say $100ish price range??) :) :) ;D

15. Evan1 Initiate Member

Also Butterfly and Gunnie and anyone else, if you have a digital camera and can post pics of your tanks and fish on the posts, i'd LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE to see them!!!!!!! :) ;D :eek: :) ;D :eek: P.S. anyone have AIM or AOL screennames? If so I'd love to chat.

16. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

LOL ... I love fish too, but I would never ever find the time and space for so many tanks!!! Of course I'd love to have many, but just too time consuming! I really admire all of you having so many tanks at once, and yet finding the time to take care of all of them. I can't believe how many tanks people are able to keep :eek:!!!

17. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Evan 1: a 29G at walmarts with everything you need (light, filter,heater) is right at $100. Thats where I got my first one.
    Carol

18. Evan1 Initiate Member

Thanks Carol! I'll look into it. :)

19. Andreas11292 Initiate Member

I GOT A 30 GALLON TANK WITH ,2 BALA SHARKS,2 CHINESE ALGE EATERS,1 GOLD DUST MOLLIE,1 CORY CATFISH,1 SPOTTED CATFISH AND MY BIGEST FISH IS A SUN CATFISH.