Tank Size Needed To Accommodate...

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by sullivanbay94, Jun 21, 2018.

1. s

sullivanbay94 Valued Member Member

A little bit of a backwards question for you all, Instead of asking how many fish i can fit in to X amount of gallons.. I was wondering how many gallons would be needed to house the following fish with a little room to spare..

10 Cardinal tetra
    10 Rummy nose tetra
    10- Celestial pearl danio
    10 Kuhli loach
    10 Cory cats

Room to spare of additional invertebrates like snails and shrimp, the tank would be planted.

Thanks in advance :)

2. bizaliz3

bizaliz3 Fishlore Legend Member

That will be a pretty tank :)
    I would suggest a 55, seeing those schools with 4 feet to zoom around would be quite a sight to see! :)

At minimum I'd say a 40 breeder....or 46 bow...or just any 3 foot tank really. If you want breathing room, I say shoot for a 55 or other 4 foot tank :)

3. OP
    OP
    s

sullivanbay94 Valued Member Member

Out of curiosity what if i did 6 of each what tank size would you recommend? Just looking at different options :)

4. bizaliz3

bizaliz3 Fishlore Legend Member

I would still go with something at least 3 feet long.
    None of those fish have huge bioloads, so I am thinking about the footprint here, not the gallons. They are all very active fish and would do much better with a longer tank.

5. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

I think a 30 gallon long (36 by 12 footprint) is the tank size I would say is minimum. A 40 breeder would be better.
    Have you thought of a centerpiece type fish?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice