Tank size most desired, and why?

What size tank would you like to have and why?

• Total voters

Tayful

Valued Member
Reaction score
I want a 125 gallon, even if I don't have space in my room for it. I'm not sure why that size either, but of course, when it comes to fish tanks the bigger the better. However, 125 just appeals to me.

Narcicius

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I want a 55 gallon because they're not big enough to be hard to take care of and getting past 30 gallon really opens up fish possibilities so you can have some really nice fish. I want one so bad.

fishrule101

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I want a 75 cause you can really have almost every fish. Its big but more stable in parameters. But a 55 is more likly to happen.

Alessa

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Id love a 100+ to be able to have a HUGE school of hatchetfish and neons... and ghost catfishes...

too bad I dont have the room, or the money

FishFolk

Valued Member
Reaction score
100-150 is my current dream. But in practical, near range goals, I want a 40 breeder for my plecos.

Butters

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
whatever would be big enough to hold one silver arowana, maybe like a 500 gallon or something of that size. Those are my dream fish, they look so freakin awsome!

rifter098

Valued Member
Reaction score
i really want a 200gal. peacock set-up...but realistically a 75gal. mbuna would be very nice

TFA101

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
public aquarium tank!!!! My OWN PET KILLER WHALE!!!!!!

fins

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hm... tank size i most want would be a 500 gallon...now to quit dreamin' I'd have to say if i did wanna go any bigger it would be to a 125 gallon...

platy ben

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I already have a 65 gallon and i already have a 38G so i voted for a 20 gallon, why you may ask?, i need a tank to keep my convict fry in because im moving them out when they are a month old (in 3 weeks)

fishchick

Valued Member
Reaction score
I love my 75 gall , but its hard to keep clean, will do right this go round !

Allie

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Old thread and I haven't seen it in past year? lol
I would really like to have a 55-75 gallon for my Malawi cichlids. Which I will be getting sometime soon. I think i'd like to find some bookshelf tanks for my betta too.
We've had a lot of different sized tanks over the past few years: 80 gallon, 90 gallon, 110g tall, 40gs, 44g diamond 50 gallon, 27g Hex and lots of smaller sized ones. The larger ones were too tall for me to work in...so I giggler something along the 65-75 gallon would be a great size for me.

Devon

Well Known Member
Reaction score
In a perfect world, I get 2 more 6.6 gallon bookshelf aquariums for Esteban & Consuela, & use the 10 gallon they're in now as a guppy tank; upgrade my 30 gallon Tiger Barb/Black Neon tank to a 40-50 gallon so I can have more of both; a 150 gallon for a pair of Oscars; a 40-50 gallon tall hex for a couple angels, and 500+ gallon Saltwater for a great big Moray eel. drool
Also, a miracle in my house, or a winning lottery ticket, so I have room for all of the above. Keep dreaming, right?

J J Indy

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have been keeping my eye on a 220 at the LFS but ouch the price is steep. I have 2 - 55 gallons now so realisticly it will probably be a 125 gallon. I also saw a 150 gallon cube shaped tank awesome for a corner or a center piece.

heartsongsinger

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I've got a 47 but I want to get another big tank. 50 (maybe) for downstairs so I can use the 10 gal downstairs as a quarintine tank. Trick is convincing some one else to buy it. or find it very cheap

AlyeskaGirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
I voted a 55 gal. I have a 55 gal, lol!! But 2 my point is that it's perfect for me because it's not too small and it's not too big!!!

navyscuba

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I just want to have a bigger tank to put some bumblebee's and some other Cichlids that require more room. Maybe a Saltwater too.

pinkfloydpuffer

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I want a 125 gallon for a porcupine puffer! Oh, and maybe a 1,000g for a mbu puffer! ;D
And tons of other tanks of various sizes for tons more species of puffers...

Low95chevy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I would want a 90 gallon because it'll look beautiful in my room Right in front of my bed or to the right of it...salt water marine fish tank 90 gallon cause its big but it'll look HUGE in my not too big room as soon as i get a good job and read some BOOKS!!

pepetj

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I would love a 300 to 500gal tank to keep a large school of Iridiscent Sharks, Blue Botias or Clown Loaches.

Problem I see (besides space) is the huge weight of it and the challenge to get a suitable (structural and aesthetic wise) stand...

Standard 6footer are not adequate for this dream project. Maybe an above ground level concrete pond with some glass walls....

Pepe
Santo Domingo

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads