Tank size most desired, and why?

?

What size tank would you like to have and why?

1. 20 gallon

4.5%
  2. 30 gallon

4.5%
  3. 55 gallon

13.6%
  4. 75 gallon

10.6%
  5. 75+ gallon

66.7%
  1. dahly Member Member

From newbies to experienced hobbyists, from time to time the thought of a new, larger tank crosses our minds.  Whether we want to try new varieties of fish or just want more of them, the thought of a larger tank is always "bubbling" in our heads.  Here's a chance to cast a vote and express you tank desires.  Share your thoughts, as we are all interested!  :D

2. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

Tanks with a larger volume of water are more stable and less likely to crash.

Dino

3. dahly Member Member

I would love to have a 125 gallon tank to house various types of cichlids.  I love their colors and personalities.  A 125 gallon tank would allow me to have a wide range of types and sizes without the worry of overt aggression.  Hiding places would be plentiful as would be territories for the less amenable.  Just where would I put it is the question!  :D

4. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

:'(I am going to vote but of course I cannot have any of them (too big) I am having a hard time finding room for the things I moved out of the room for my 5 and 3 gallon homes for Azul and Noel. Bless you all that can have the large tanks . I shall depend on you to keep sending in those beautiful pictures so I can OOO and AAAH-HHH over them ;D.

Have a good day.

Shalom,

Rose

5. Jessie_Lynn Member Member

Same for me. I would lov to have a 55 gallon but there is no space in my house so I guess I have to stay with my 10 gallon tank. :-[

6. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Eventually would love to have a 250 G. My Clown Loaches and my Plecos will need a larger tank and that would be perfect. Also as Dino said larger tanks are more stable and the more stable the water parameters are the happier they will be.
    Carol

7. dano569 Member Member

i have a 55,a 20,and a10.i am gonna buy another 55in the next couple of weeks.i would love to have at least a 125.it will be a while before i get anything like that though. :D

8. Jason Well Known Member Member

I'm trying to get one over 40 gal

9. dahly Member Member

The GCAS has on it's Trading post, a 150 gallon tank and stand for $450. Oh, just the thought of it absolutely thrills me! But where would I put a 6' long tank that weighs in at least 1250 pounds with just water in it? Dino said it starts with a 20' by 50' concrete pad...........

10. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

And you know Santa(Dino) is always right ;)
    Carol

11. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

I probably could make the space for some 100 gallon tank in my home right now, but I honestly would NOT have the time for it (plus my 30 and 10 gallon tanks). Besides, if I set it up now, it would be difficult to move it - and I am still in college and live with my parents, but would like to move out once I am done with my education. That's why it's not a good time right now for me to set up a huge tank.

But of course, I'd love to have the biggest tank I could get! I'd like at least a 75g. And I am resolved to get one like this once I have my own house, so that I'll be sure there won't be any moving out anytime soon. And, lol, I'd have to make sure the floor is strong enough to hold so many gallons of water!

The reasons for which I'd love a huge tank are obvious: more space and freedom for my fishies, ability to have more fish (and I like so many of them!), the infinite possibilities of aquascaping (I love to decorate a tank), and a beautiful view in my house - a little piece of nature at my own place, which is such a pleasure to look at!

12. KittieKat Member Member

i own many tanks of various sizes.. so i just voted for 75+ cuz i'd like to have a matching 125g.... i love the one i have, so to have 2 is just twice the fun... it would be REALLY awesome to have a 500g tho!!! :;banaman

13. MissMTS Fishlore VIP Member

When I move into a bigger house I would like a 250 gallon tank where I could mimic a complete biotype with all sorts of fish. Of course I may never have room for a tank this big but I can always wish !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

14. King_Snuggles Member Member

150 and have it be a saltwater reef. but chances are my next will be a 55 ish freashwater.

15. tkfury Member Member

I was really looking into a 110-190g tank for awhile - plenty of room for a nice aquascape and beable to host all the community fish I want but its just not realistic. I think a 75g would be perfect given I have the space for it. Nice size with plenty of room for a pair of angels, a school or two of some barbs and of course some catfish but without getting too far into the rather expensive equipment zone, at lest I'd like to think anyways. Anything larger than that and I think I'll just have too much on my hands - far to many stocking options for my tiny little mind to comprehend.

16. MagpieTear Well Known Member Member

I've had a 55 for a long time and now find myself pining for a 125, just have to get some bills under control first.

17. Angela_96 Fishlore VIP Member

Well, since we just set up a 55g I have to say we would be wanting a 125+g tank next... We love oscars and to have a proper oscar tank you need the room for them. However we do live in a doublewide and it would not support a tank that large so we have to stick with the 100g and smaller...

18. ≈ D ≈ Well Known Member Member

Oh something in the region of 500 gallons would be nice (working on that ;D) as a saltwater reef tank. Parameters would be more stable, would be able to keep more fish ;) >:D and the pleasure would be priceless :;lg

19. 0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

As big as possible. ;D
    Course I gotta find a bit of $$ first. :p

20. COBettaCouple Fishlore Legend Member

75+.. I'd like two 120g tanks. One for a SW tank and the other for Oscars. :;th