Tank Simplifying

madisons obbsession
Between all my school work, other pets, and overall stuff going on, I'm not able to maintain all my tanks properly anymore. I've worked my way down from five tanks to three tanks, but I want to get down to one tank. I've decided I want to keep my 10 gallon, and get rid of the 29 gallon and eventually the 5.5

All together(between all my tanks, I know they are all overstocked), I have:
2 male bettas
6 female bettas(sorority)
2 afds
10 guppies(9 females, one male)
6 blue danios
5 harlequinns
3 pristella tetras(I bought those before I realized how many fish I had, I was planning on getting 3 more)
1 nerite snail

Which fish should I keep for the 10 gallon? I'm going to keep one of my male bettas in the 10 with other fish(he fin bites on his own), and put the more aggressive one to himself in the 5.5.

Also, are there any ways to re home fish easily besides bringing them to a fish store? There are only 3 places near me that will take some fish, and nobody will take very many(or the female bettas).

-Sofia-
Do you live near Washington? Because I know of a store that takes any fish and re-homes them (yes I know you said by not taking them to a store but I thought I should mention it)or on Craig's list/kijijI you can post your tanks and sell them with the fish.

puffer boi
Do you live near Washington? Because I know of a store that takes any fish and re-homes them (yes I know you said by not taking them to a store but I thought I should mention it)or on Craig's list/kijijI you can post your tanks and sell them with the fish.
most stores take back fish....

-Sofia-
Oh, well all of the ones near me don't at all. (unless it is a return within 14 days of the purchase)

Nataku
Where are you located near? Perhaps we have some fishlore members who may be close and able to help with some.
You could also try poating in the BSTF forum what you want to get rid of to see if anyone is interested in taking anything there.

As far as your stocking keeping the 10 isn't the greateat choice with everything you have. It would require you to get rid of basically everything. The best stocking ofbthe 10 I could see out of what you have is keeping 1 betta, the 5 rasboras and the nerite. That fully stocks a 10 and you have nothing else compatible that could go in there anyhow.

madisons obbsession
No, I live in a pretty secluded area in california. I don't have a drivers licence so I can't really go anywhere out of town to rehome them.

madisons obbsession
All the stores near me only take them if they are a 14 day return. The 3 places near me have a max of 5 fish donations.

madisons obbsession
Where are you located near? Perhaps we have some fishlore members who may be close and able to help with some.
You could also try poating in the BSTF forum what you want to get rid of to see if anyone is interested in taking anything there.

As far as your stocking keeping the 10 isn't the greateat choice with everything you have. It would require you to get rid of basically everything. The best stocking ofbthe 10 I could see out of what you have is keeping 1 betta, the 5 rasboras and the nerite. That fully stocks a 10 and you have nothing else compatible that could go in there anyhow.

I'm aware that the 10 won't let me keep as many, but the 29 is a lot harder for me to maintain, and I'm trying to keep this the best for the fish's sake, meaning I don't want to have to put off water changes and maintence, hurting the fish.

Rainy day
I'm aware that the 10 won't let me keep as many, but the 29 is a lot harder for me to maintain, and I'm trying to keep this the best for the fish's sake, meaning I don't want to have to put off water changes and maintence, hurting the fish.

How long does maintenance take you? A 29 gallon shouldn't take more than 20 minutes IME. Maybe we can gives you tips on how to make maintenance quicker/easier instead?

david1978
Keep the 29 and stock it like a 10. Then if you miss a water change its no big deal. I have a 75 stocked like a 29 I did it since my health has not been the best so I set it up for minimum tank maintenance.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
AshleyBetta
Replies
Views
angelcraze
Replies
Views
Netti
Replies
Views