Tank Scratches

Discussion in 'Freshwater Tank Equipment' started by CarrieFisher, Apr 11, 2017.

1. CarrieFisher

CarrieFisherWell Known MemberMember

So, I have no clue how they keep popping up, but I noticed a few scratches on the glass on my tank, should I worry, or what?

If some scratches are normal wear and tear, when SHOULD you worry?

2. Alhana

AlhanaValued MemberMember

Is your tank glass or acrylic? I havent really heard of glass scratching although I guess it would be possible. Can you post some pictures of them?

3. OP
    OP
    CarrieFisher

It's glass, I tried like crazy to get some pics, but between the light, water and reflections, it's completely impossible.

4. TwoHedWlf

TwoHedWlfWell Known MemberMember

Where are they? They don't magically appear. Most common would probably be bits of sand or gravel stuck under an algae magnet.

Unless they're a couple mms thick they're purely cosmetic anyway.

5. OP
    OP
    CarrieFisher

In random spots...
    One on the inside, midlevel.
    One on the outside, near the plastic brace...
    I just don't think I looked it over carefully enough when I bought it and now I'm noticing them

6. BeanFish

BeanFishWell Known MemberMember

I got a 36 gal used tank. It has a lot of scratches in the bottom panel which I saw while I was resealing it, I presume it was from the gravel. Scratches unless deep are mostly cosmetic problems, I agree with TwoHedWlf.
    So far nothing bad has happened, but if my tank explodes out of nowhere I will tell you :D

7. OP
    OP
    CarrieFisher

Fair enough, @BeanFish.

You can imagine the catastrophe that I'm terrified of!! Lol

8. BeanFish

BeanFishWell Known MemberMember

Yeah, if my tank explodes out of nowhere I dont think nothing too bad will happen to my house because I dont have woodfloors, but my parents would probably kill me and not let me have any big tanks in the house which means all my fish life will have to be in the yard LOL.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice