Tank rearrangement with driftwood

SunnShadow

Valued Member
Reaction score
Here are some "before and after" pics of my tank. Before, without the rainbow rock and no driftwood. After, with the driftwood and rock. It seemed kind of empty, since I have fewer fish, now it is more like aquatic decor in my living room, and the fish are the accents, not the main focus. Especially since you can't see many of them most of the time.
The last pic is one of Lurch (front) and the smaller, lighter Twitch resting on and behind the driftwood.

hopesmom

Valued Member
Reaction score
ooh, very nice job!!

david

Valued Member
Reaction score
hi sunnshadow .amazing what a few rocks and bits of wood can do for your tank..really looks a lot better with the wood..and your fish will love it..your tank still looked nice without it but what a difference. ..

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Very nice!! I love rocks and wood in my aquariums and think you will also.
Carol

Joe G

Valued Member
Reaction score
Amazing Tank, looks fantastic !!

SunnShadow

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thank you all! The otos sure like the wood, and so do Lurch and Twitch. Once the wood is completely water-logged, I may try different positions with it, as it is very unusually shaped with lots of curves and bends. You really can't see the shape of it, since I had to lay it as flat as possible to attach it to the rock, though.
Again, thank you all for your kind remarks!

Sara

hopesmom

Valued Member
Reaction score
hi Sara,
where did you find your driftwood? or did you buy it? I really think it adds a cool touch to the tank!
Denise

SunnShadow

Valued Member
Reaction score
I had originally bought it for our tarantulas cage, but was afraid she'd hurt herself if she fell off of it or if it fell on her somehow. I think it is a piece of mangrove? Not sure.
BTW, thanks!

Sara

hopesmom

Valued Member
Reaction score
wow! you have a tarantula! you sure must know a lot about all pets! glad you are a part of the Fishlore family!
Denise

SunnShadow

Valued Member
Reaction score
hopesmom said:
wow! you have a tarantula! you sure must know a lot about all pets! glad you are a part of the Fishlore family!
Denise
I don't know "a lot"........ but I guess I know enough. maybe.
Tarantulas are easy to keep, and if you get a non-aggressive type, you can hold them, I guess. Unfortunately, ours is an aggressive one. She's a Blue Cobalt. I bought her a few years ago because I thought she was pretty. But I won't put my hand near her! If I can find pics of her I'll post them in the non-fish category.
(I'm glad to be here!)

Sara

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sara-

It is a lovely tank and I am sure that Myst is just as happy as a little "clam" in there. I love the shape of the wood and the plants and rock are very beautifully arranged. You are a real decorator. I didn't see Myst. I see he is still doing a good job dodging the camera. ;D

I think they are just gorgeous.

Rose

LilaBean

Valued Member
Reaction score
your tank is beautiful-- i love the white stones- - and the driftwood adds so much more character!! however-- i got the hebee geebees just thinking of your tarantula :-X Take Care-- LILA

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom