Tank rearrangement with driftwood

SunnShadow

Valued Member
Reaction score
I've just added some driftwood to my tank, and hope to post pics as soon as everyone settles down.  Lurch and Twitch seem really upset about my invasion into their territory, but Myst is curiously investigating it. 
I had to tie the driftwood to my rainbow rock (using fishing line) to keep it down in the gravel and not half-way up the tank, as it has no anchors or slate attached.  Any ideas how long it can take before the wood stays completely down on its own?  I refuse to buy the ones with slate attached, because I won't add metal (screws) or adhesive of any kind to my tank.  I'm paranoid about things like that.

Anyone have any input, I'd really appreciate it!

S.

boff

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi i use drift wood that i find down on the beach,after boiling it, i weight it down in a water butt in the back garden and it takes about a 4 weeks depending on what type of wood it is heres a bit that i soaked for a friend .

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Boff I love that piece of wood!!!
SunnShadow if you use stainless steel it won't rust or hurt your tank in any way. So if we have to attach a piece of slate/rock to wood we use stainless steel screws.
Carol

gammerus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I wish I lived near the beach. There is no driftwood in arizona.

jinx_beta

Valued Member
Reaction score
How do you cure driftwood?

boff

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I choose wood that is not green and has time to dry out .Where i live the trees slide down the cliff exposing there roots and die then i pick the best looking bits and cut them off .I hope this is what you mean

boff

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Have a look at this thread i found on a forum .

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Boff ... I LOVE your driftwood! That's the driftwood kind I've always wanted in my tank!

boff

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ime very lucky theres loads of it where i live ,i love the roots of trees because they grow in the weirdest of ways and look so cool in tanks .I put a new peace in to try and cover a pipe that my clown loaches use but the picture is not that clear and does not do the wood any justice .boff

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
It looks GREAT!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom