Tank Plans

Aqua 59

So here's my stocking idea for a 29-gallon long aquarium:

• One blue mosaic guppy
  • One purple mosaic guppy
  • One pink rose tuxedo guppy
  • Three mixed-color delta guppies
  • One each of black, blue, and purple Moscow guppies (three total)
  • One metallic yellow guppy
  • One platinum red flame-tail guppy
  • Five kuhlI loaches- should I get more than that?
  • Five pygmy corydoras
  • Cherry shrimp colony- if the tank is all ready stocked to it's limits, I can hold off on the shrimp.
Does this sound okay?
Also, any recommendations on where to get these specific fish would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

BottomDweller

Am I right in saying that's 11 guppies total?
I'd do 8 kuhlis and 8 pygmies, other than that it looks good.
What gender are you planning for the guppies?

Coradee

Hi, personally I wouldn’t have Pygmy corys with the guppies, male guppies have one track minds & may harass the pygmies as they’d be sharing the same levels & pygmies can be a little shy especially when kept in small numbers.

Aqua 59

Hi, personally I wouldn’t have Pygmy corys with the guppies, male guppies have one track minds & may harass the pygmies as they’d be sharing the same levels & pygmies can be a little shy especially when kept in small numbers.

Okay, well since BottomDweller suggested more (eight) pygmies, I might do that. Would the guppies get along then?

Aqua 59

Am I right in saying that's 11 guppies total?
I'd do 8 kuhlis and 8 pygmies, other than that it looks good.
What gender are you planning for the guppies?

Yes, 11 guppies total As for the guppie's gender- I don't really care which one is the male(s), so I'll just see what the seller (haven't found one yet) wants to do.

Aqua 59

Can you recommend any other fishes that would get along and not be too much bio-load?

Aqua 59

Maybe a few honey gouramis

Cool- I might do some of those. Are they safe with dwarf shrimps? Also, if I didn't add any gouramis, would the tank be able to have a small school of glass catfishes?

RainBetta

Cool- I might do some of those. Are they safe with dwarf shrimps? Also, if I didn't add any gouramis, would the tank be able to have a small school of glass catfishes?
My honeys never bothered the RCS. I can't see why not. IMO if the guppies aren't eating them, the honey probably won't. It really depends on the fish in the end though

Hmmm that's a tough one. Glass catfish get pretty large and have a heavy bioload. Not to mention they need slow moving water and a dark tank. I'd honestly say no, but that's mainly because you'll never see them.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Want To Buy ISO Guppies & Shrimp
Replies
Views
Pwilly07
Replies
Views
Pwilly07
  • emeraldking
  • Guppy
Replies
Views