Tank Parameter Readings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightshadethebetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ive been keeping a close on my tank parameters recently, since getting a new Betta. Before putting him in the tank, I let it run fishless for a bit. The tank has a heater and a filter. I used stability and prime to help with beneficial bacteria and such. Owning my previous fish, I had a problem with ammonia and trying to get it down. But I got ammonia down to 0 finally since yesterday. I tested nitrites and nitrates and they both read 0, too. I use the API liquid test kit. I know I did the tests correctly. Is it normal to have 0 readings on all 3? Maybe I’ll re test tomorrow. I’m still new to fish keeping, but I’m getting better! Also, here’s a picture of my new Betta, Shimmer!

Attachments

kayla20johnson

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Ive been keeping a close on my tank parameters recently, since getting a new Betta. Before putting him in the tank, I let it run fishless for a bit. The tank has a heater and a filter. I used stability and prime to help with beneficial bacteria and such. Owning my previous fish, I had a problem with ammonia and trying to get it down. But I got ammonia down to 0 finally since yesterday. I tested nitrites and nitrates and they both read 0, too. I use the API liquid test kit. I know I did the tests correctly. Is it normal to have 0 readings on all 3? Maybe I’ll re test tomorrow. I’m still new to fish keeping, but I’m getting better! Also, here’s a picture of my new Betta, Shimmer!
He looks just like my male Beta, Venus, did when I first brought him home! he turned a dark blue and his fin/tail tips turned red. You should be excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Weekly

Votes: 85 68.5%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 14 11.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 21 16.9%

Top Bottom