40 Gallon Tank Tank Overhaul, Thoughts/ideas?

~Matt~

I recently overhauled my 45 gallon aquarium here are the before and after pictures:

I also ordered a 3D background, new plants, and rocks from Universal Rocks that are still on the way.

Any ideas for stocking (non-schooling fish)? Here’s my current:

3 Opaline Gourami
4 Corydoras
1 BN Pleco

Thanks

Fahn

I'm all for live plants but that first pic is one of the best artificial setups I've ever seen.

I'd bump up my cory school to 10 or 12, that will get you a lot of activity on the bottom.

Also a mid-level schooling fish such as cardinal tetras or cherry barbs would look really nice.

~Matt~

Fahn said:
I'm all for live plants but that first pic is one of the best artificial setups I've ever seen.

I'd bump up my cory school to 10 or 12, that will get you a lot of activity on the bottom.

Also a mid-level schooling fish such as cardinal tetras or cherry barbs would look really nice.
I also liked my old artificial plant setup, but I had to remove a large amount of them because my gouramI kept getting stuck and hurt. One even went blind in one eye. I’ll keep your recommendations in mind if I can’t find any good non schooling fish.

Fahn

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't notice you preferred non schooling.

The cory suggestion still stands, but you could try some endlers or fancy guppies. They're social but don't school together and will add a lot of color and variety to the tank.

You could also try some colorful platies; bumblebee platies are my favorite!

Unless you want unlimited fry I suggest getting only male livebearers.

~Matt~

Fahn said:
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't notice you preferred non schooling.

The cory suggestion still stands, but you could try some endlers or fancy guppies. They're social but don't school together and will add a lot of color and variety to the tank.

You could also try some colorful platies; bumblebee platies are my favorite!

Unless you want unlimited fry I suggest getting only male livebearers.
Okay, I’ll definitely consider them. Thank you

RyanC14

Maybe a pair of dwarf cichlids like rams or apistos. Also, I agree with Fahn that you should add to the school of cories.

Anders247

What type of cories are they?
Also what are the dimensions of the tank?

~Matt~

Anders247 said:
What type of cories are they?
Also what are the dimensions of the tank?
They are peppered cories and the tank dimensions are 36x12x24in

Anders247

OK so you are looking for non-schooling fish suggestions? What about schooling fish for the middle/top like black phantom tetras or buenos aires tetras? For a non-schooling fish I'd suggest a pair of bolivian rams for the bottom.

Since you have peppered cories, keep the temperature low. Around 72 Fahrenheit is recommended. Also yeah, up their school to like 10-12 to help fill out the tank.

~Matt~

Anders247 said:
OK so you are looking for non-schooling fish suggestions? What about schooling fish for the middle/top like black phantom tetras or buenos aires tetras? For a non-schooling fish I'd suggest a pair of bolivian rams for the bottom.

Since you have peppered cories, keep the temperature low. Around 72 Fahrenheit is recommended. Also yeah, up their school to like 10-12 to help fill out the tank.
Yea I was definitely thinking about the Bolivian rams. I’ll keep you other ideas in mind though!

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom