Tank Near A Window

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by Jennasoutherfranks, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Jennasoutherfranks

Jennasoutherfranks New Member Member

I'm trying to get a 55gal, the best piece of furniture for it to be on us in front of a window. There's blinds on the window that I neve open. Would I be setting myself up for algae city?

Thanks

2. D

DutchAquarium Well Known Member Member

Only if your getting direct sunlight in the aquarium, will you might have algae problems.

3. psalm18.2

psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

I've done it successfully. Sounds like you don't open the blinds so no worries.

4. OP
    OP
    Jennasoutherfranks

Jennasoutherfranks New Member Member

Apparently my auto-correct wants me to sound drunk‍♀️

Thanks guys. I think I'm gonna do it !!

5. HORNET1

HORNET1 Well Known Member Member

If your tank is glass...Paint the back of your tank (side next to the window).
    You can get a paint sample at Lowe's in the color of your choice and roll it on with a sponge roller.
    When you want to change colors, just scrape it off with a single edge and redo it in another color.
    CAUTION: Do not apply paint to acrylic tanks unless you are prepared to live with it forever.

6. tum0r

tum0r Valued Member Member

Or you could just get a background for the aquarium if you'd like to avoid the whole painting hassle. :)

7. scarface

scarface Fishlore VIP Member

I paint the back as well. It just looks better than a taped on background. I used acrylic and a small roller from a arts and craft store. It’s cheap and works just fine. It scrapes off easy too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice