Tank Mates

simpleton

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I went to the LFS last week and got 2 Kribs for my tank. Both Males...They both adapted very well to the tank but the larger of the two became so aggressive toward the other that I had to return the smaller one. He wasn't even being allowed to eat. My remaining Krib does display some aggressive behavior toward his tankmates but nothing of concern. The Rosys are bigger than he and don't seem to mind him at all. My Cory and Algae Eater get chased around a bit but they're OK with the new guy. Any ideas for any additional Cichlids to add to the tank? I'd like to put a couple more in the tank if appropriate.

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You could go with a german blue ram. They stay st about 2-3" and are very beautiful.
Tom

simpleton

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks, Tom. I've read, and was told at the LFS that Rams are not as "hearty" a fish and like soft water with a neutral or lower pH. I have hard water and a very high pH. What about Yellow Labs?

lolagurl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
how big is your tank?

simpleton

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It's a 30 gallon long

Jacko

Valued Member
Reaction score
You could add a female krib, or a pair of curviceps cichlids, or a pair of bolivian rams. Electric yellows don't seem to be a freindly aquarium fish and are better off kept in a species malawai tank.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom