Tank Mates

Nealbo

Reaction score
I have a 10 gal. tank divided into half. I'm going to have a male betta on both size. I want to have other fish in there with them. What type of fish can I pet in that will not nip the fins.

poefox

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Hm...you can maybe have a couple of otos or corys and have a backup plan in case either betta goes nuts about tankmates. Also a mystery snail is almost a perfect tankmate for a betta--they're interesting, pretty much impossible for the betta to harm or compete with, and they help keep algae down. Other fish either will require too much room for space to move due to speed or to size, most likely.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Poefox had great suggestions & I'd also recommend having a plan for if either Betta decides that he likes the food of his tankmates and starts over-eating.

captain_bilbo

Valued Member
Reaction score
poefox said:
Hm...you can maybe have a couple of otos or corys and have a backup plan in case either betta goes nuts about tankmates. Also a mystery snail is almost a perfect tankmate for a betta--they're interesting, pretty much impossible for the betta to harm or compete with, and they help keep algae down. Other fish either will require too much room for space to move due to speed or to size, most likely.
Haha, mystery snails are great for bettas. My pair (betta and snail) get along perfect, they're never in eachothers way and the don't have to compete for food.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom