Tank mates

Crazy Crays24

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hello, I've been wanting to get cory cats for a long time now, ever since I started this hobby, but now I have a pair of convictds...

My real question is what cory cat (if any) would survive in my tank?

P.S... My cons aren't possesive over the food, but they are bullies

peacemaker92

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hello,

I don't know much about cories going with convicts but I'll help bump up this thread so someone will come along quick to help you out.

If you could kindly update your aquarium info, it'll be most helpful to the other members who can give you great advice. Best of luck!

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning,

I would not recommend Cory Cats with Convicts. Convicts are aggressive and should only be housed with other aggressive fish. I did a search and found two other threads where people tried it and they ended up losing the Cory Cats.

Peacemaker, there really isn't a need to bump up a thread that has just been posted.

Thanks!
Ken

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would not recommend Cory Cats with Convicts. Convicts are aggressive and should only be housed with other aggressive fish. I did a search and found two other threads where people tried it and they ended up losing the Cory Cats.Ken
+1. I can't see Corys & Convicts ending well under any circumstances.

Chris123

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
As some words of experience with cories and convicts. I strongly belive that you should not mix the species together. Convicts are terrtorial and will bust a cory up within seconds.
Luclky i was reallly lucky and got them out in time

Chris

Crazy Crays24

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ok, thank you all for your advice... I was really hoping that it could work, but since I'm stuck with an agressive tank, I will just have to wait until I have a community tank set up

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom