Tank Mates In A 10? 10 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Eirelav_mcgoo, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Eirelav_mcgoo

Eirelav_mcgoo Valued Member Member

Those with bettas in a community, any chance a betta can live peacefully in a 10 with some buddies?

2. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus Tank Fishlore VIP Member

3. BettaAquarium

BettaAquarium New Member Member

Snails and shrimp will be your best bet.
    That small of a tank cannot house any bottom dwellers other than shrimp, or snails.

4. OP
    OP
    Eirelav_mcgoo

Awesome. I was hoping he could have a couple friends. Instead of ghost shrimp, can we do cherry shrimp?
    We have assassin snails in the 55. If any of the eggs hatch and produce offspring I'd move them to that tank instead of getting nerites.

5. emmysjj

emmysjj Well Known Member Member

You could, but your betta might feel more inclined to attack them because of their color. There are also amano shrimp.

6. OP
    OP
    Eirelav_mcgoo

We have an amano in the big tank. We do like the coloured shrimp but if they wont/can't coexist then well scratch the cherry shrimp. How many amano shrimp could fit?

7. emmysjj

I would do 2-3, just make sure to provide hiding places ;)

8. OP
    OP
    Eirelav_mcgoo

I have a somewhat heavily planted 55 that I'll take clippings out of and plant it
    I've also got a couple of rock formations I'll move over and some driftwood.

9. emmysjj

Sounds good! post some pics!

10. OP
    OP
    Eirelav_mcgoo

Will do. I won't have time this week but next week I'm off so I'll start it then. We already have the betta, his name is Haru but he's trapped in a little 2.5 gallon prison. I'll get it plant planted and set up. I'll start seeding the filter tonight. Once the 10 is cycled I'll start with 2 amani, let them get organized and then add haru. Pictures to follow!

11. T

TinaJen New Member Member

My sister recently took over my 10 gallon tank for her Betta since I upgraded to a 30 and in doing so she inherited a nerite snail since he wouldn't get off the glass to be transferred to my new tank ( lol ) and they are doing very well together.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice