Tank Mates For My Roseline Sharks

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by sylviepld, Apr 20, 2017.

1. sylviepldValued MemberMember

These guys area also know as Red-lined Torpedo Barbs and Denison Barbs. They grow to about 4 inches and are very active fish. I will be getting a school of about 10 of them in my new 75 gallon tank. The tank will have moderate to high flow because I plan to run a powerhead and the temperature will be 75 degrees F. I will have a moderate amount of plants in the background and rounded stones scattered around on a very fine gravel. I've done some research online and haven't found much in the way of good tank mates for the Roseline Sharks. I am looking to add a school of medium size fish with them. I will also get a fairly large group of Robust Corydoras.

2. MattS99Well Known MemberMember

Tiger Barbs come to mind. If your tank is long enough, maybe some kind of rainbowfish? I've seen them with Bosemani before.

3. BuddahNew MemberMember

I have heard German Blue Rams actually work fairly well with these and look phenomenal. The only thing i can see as an issue it temperature, Roselines are up to 77 and GBRS are 78-84. Yet i have seen it done and it might work if you go to 77.

4. Apisto88Well Known MemberMember

Bolivian Rams are a great alternative to GBR's and they prefer the same temps as your sharks.

5. MattS99Well Known MemberMember

Bolivians are hardier as well. And in my opinion, look a million times better.

6. sylviepldValued MemberMember

I read that for Bolivian Rams the water flow should not be excessive and they really need a sand substrate which doesn't match my intended setup.

I've been contemplating rainbow fish but my LFS doesn't stock to many varieties. Only some of them would work in my water temperature. Unfortunately I don't like Tiger Barbs. No offense.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2017
  7. MattS99Well Known MemberMember

Hey, we all have different opinions. I think the GBR is one of the ugliest things I've ever seen. I primarily keep livebearers so I've never even touched a Tiger Barb.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice