tank mates for my betta

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by kaitlin4599, Jul 24, 2015.

1. k

kaitlin4599 Valued Member Member

hello i have a 10 gallon fish tank that im going to put a betta in once the tank is cycled and im wondering what are some decent if any tank mates i can add in with the betta i plan on adding one fish at a time but want to do research on the tank mates u recommend so i can learn how to car for them so far all i know of is a snail a friend of mine said she had some neon tetras in with her betta but idk what do u recommend id hate for the betta to be alone in such a big tank

2. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettas Fishlore VIP Member

Welcome to Fish Lore!!! Nice to have you here! :)

Well, for a 10g, only invertebrates imo. Shrimp and snails would be a perfectly acceptable option for that tank size. If you wanted to go up to a 20g then that would give you a lot more options.

But really, it all depends on your betta, whether or not you have one with a good temperament for tankmates.

3. KarenLM

KarenLM Well Known Member Member

Most male bettas are best left in a tank without other fish. Some inverts are good tank mates as BornThisWayBettas stated above.

4. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to fishlore!
    Agreed with the above two posters.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice