Tank Mates For Dwarf Gouramis

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Elijah, Apr 6, 2017.

1. ElijahNew MemberMember

Just got 2 gouramis and need some more fish for my 29 gallon. Got any ideas?

2. aquatickeeper

aquatickeeperFishlore VIPMember

What type of gourami?

3. James17

James17Well Known MemberMember

I don't think two dwarf gourami will be good together. They like to fight each other.

4. OP
    OP
    E

ElijahNew MemberMember

They actually get along nice they just swim. When I feed them they leave each other alone.

They are a fire red and a powder blue

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2017
  5. AngelTheGypsy

AngelTheGypsyFishlore VIPMember

They are young. When the hit puberty they get territorial. Just keep an eye on them

6. el337

el337Fishlore LegendMember

I agree to rehome one assuming they are both male. You only just got them and as soon as they get comfortable, the peace may not last. In this tank size, it's best to keep one.

You could look into 1 or 2 mid dwelling schooling species like harlequin rasboras, cherry barbs, rummy nose tetras, black neons. If you want bottom dwellers as well, I would go for a shoal of corydoras provided you have sand or smooth gravel.

7. OP
    OP
    E

ElijahNew MemberMember

Thnx for the help:)

8. Levinofish

LevinofishValued MemberMember

I have my dg with five banded barbs and sword tail and guppies

9. OP
    OP
    E

ElijahNew MemberMember

10. chickenghostValued MemberMember

I might have just been lucky, but I have had 3 male dwarf gouramis together. they are dead now, (ammonia) but they never hurt anyone.

11. OP
    OP
    E

ElijahNew MemberMember

Mane I'll be lucky like you?

12. Anders247

Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

I would not keep the two together. It would only work if you had a group of 6+ to spread out the aggression in a proper sized tank, which this would not be for 6 or more DGs. So rehome one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice