Tank Mates For Blackmoor Advice Please

Don don

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have bought a 240l tank and I am just cycling it now and I know it can take a while. It's been 2 weeks. Anyway that's not the question lol once the tank has cycled I plan on moving my blackmoor across and I would like to give him/her some company. I would like a bottom feeder as it's sand and some schooling fish. I don't want to over crowd my fish and don't want the blackmoor hurt but he's in a tank by himself at the moment. He's in a 15g tank and only no more than 2 inch at the minute as he's a baby. I want to move him before he grows anymore. Anyway does anyone have any advice about what fish would live happy with him? I know fancy goldfish but would like something else if I can. Thank you!! (Sorry for babbling on lol)

Attachments

Don don

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thank you both for replying. I was hoping for something slightly different to the gold fish variety but of course if that's all he can live with then of course I would get one. Would the tank be big enough to or a couple to live happily together. I know they get very big. I will have a look at the other breeds and see which my son likes. He's autistic and he's made this his little hobby but of course I do all the hard work haha

Don don

Valued Member
Reaction score
Ok that's great. What would you recommend for the bottom? How do snails get on with fancies? I've been looking a bubble eyed fancies. I just need to convince my boy that's what he likes now haha

Galathiel

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Black moors don't see that well and I would be worried if you had smaller, faster fishes in there with him that he would have issues during feedings. There are many different varieties of goldfish and I like most of them (except bubble eyes and celestials .. not my favorites). Many times it's better to have goldfish with similar ... shortcomings ... so that there is an equal chance for all to eat and not be bowled over by stronger swimmers.

Don don

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thank you galathiel we have decided on 2 other fancies and see how we go. We will only be adding them obviously once the tank finishes cycling and we are going to add one fish at a time. Around 3 weeks apart so it doesn't throw off the cycle. Thank you texas I appreciate your advice. Mystery snails it is and a rhyukin and another blackmoor by the looks of it as he loves his blackmoors lol although I would love a bubble eyed fancy goldie lol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom