Tank mates for Bettas

1. 0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

Alright, before I ask about tank mates, what kinds/brands of heaters work best? I am on my third one in a week, and of course it's not working...grrrrr :mad:. Anyway, once I can find one that works, I'm going to get three female Bettas for my 10-gallon tank. I've been wondering what other kinds of fish I could have with them, and I thought cory cats sounded good. I've heard that some fish need more aeration than Bettas do, so will cory cats be okay with just a filter and heater, or will they need some special equipment to put more oxygen into the water? Is a pH of 7.2 and temp. of 80 F okay for cory cats? And will three Bettas and 4-6 cory cats be too crowded?

2. Caty Initiate Member

Well when I went to the petstore they said thet you shoud get fish thst dont have alot or lagre fins.

3. 0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

Okay, forget I asked about cory cats--I just did some research and didn't realise how big they were. But what about Guppies? I know you can't keep male Bettas with Guppies because the Bettas might mistake them for other Bettas and fight, but what about females?

4. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

I think female bettas are fine with most fish - I've seen them in the pet shops with many different species. They're pretty much community fish I think but correct me if I'm wrong!

5. joe Member Member

there is really no good tank mate for bettas