Tank mates for Bettas

1. 0morrokh

0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Alright, before I ask about tank mates, what kinds/brands of heaters work best? I am on my third one in a week, and of course it's not working...grrrrr :mad:. Anyway, once I can find one that works, I'm going to get three female Bettas for my 10-gallon tank. I've been wondering what other kinds of fish I could have with them, and I thought cory cats sounded good. I've heard that some fish need more aeration than Bettas do, so will cory cats be okay with just a filter and heater, or will they need some special equipment to put more oxygen into the water? Is a pH of 7.2 and temp. of 80 F okay for cory cats? And will three Bettas and 4-6 cory cats be too crowded?

2. Caty

Caty Initiate Member

Ratings:
    +0

Well when I went to the petstore they said thet you shoud get fish thst dont have alot or lagre fins.

3. OP
    OP
    0morrokh

0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Okay, forget I asked about cory cats--I just did some research and didn't realise how big they were. But what about Guppies? I know you can't keep male Bettas with Guppies because the Bettas might mistake them for other Bettas and fight, but what about females?

4. Miss Mouse

Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think female bettas are fine with most fish - I've seen them in the pet shops with many different species. They're pretty much community fish I think but correct me if I'm wrong!

5. joe

joe Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    there is really no good tank mate for bettas