Tank Mates For A Betta

tmcbee

Reaction score
So I previously had my betta in a 20gal tank by himself, but I had to take him out of that tank and put him in my 55 gal community tank and I'm worried that he will be stressed or nip at my other fish in there. I have 3 fruit tetras, 3 female swordtails, and 6 cherry barbs. And a bristlenose pelco. Do you think he will be okay? He has only been in there for about 1 hr and hasn't came out of the decoration. Should I go get him another tank of his own? Or wait and see if he will get along with the other fish.

OneLittleBubble

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The tetras might gang up on him and beat him up, but he shouldn't attack anyone as long as their is no long flowing fish in the tank like a guppy or something

tmcbee

Reaction score
OneLittleBubble said:
The tetras might gang up on him and beat him up, but he shouldn't attack anyone as long as their is no long flowing fish in the tank like a guppy or something
Okay, my tetras are usually clam except for when I'm feeding them and then I just spread food all over the top of the tank way everyone can get some. Lol I am just worried about him because he was almost dead when I got him from Walmart and have had him completely happy since he has been better. So thanks for the help!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom