Question Tank mates at 86 degrees

chasewied

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hello! I keep my German blue rams at 86 degrees to keep up they’re immune system and keep them happy and healthy :) what’s a good tank mate at this temp?

OP
chasewied

chasewied

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
SofiCat11 said:
Suitable tank mates would be Discus, Rummynose Tetra, Cardinal Tetra, KuhlI Loaches and Clown Loaches.
Thank you! I didn’t know kuhliI and rummy nose could be this high

OP
chasewied

chasewied

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
MrSaint said:
I have my water temp around 81-82 degrees for my German blue, Bolivian, Gold rams. Also, I have zebra danios, neons, bumblebee catfish, ammano shrimps, and nerite snails. So far, so good.
I use to have a bumble bee catfish. One of my all
Time favorites. He would obliterate my couple cherry shrimp :) lol I love them though. I might move my cherries over into an 8 gallon I have and let them do their own thing soon though. I have 2 amanos.

MrSaint

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
chasewied said:
I use to have a bumble bee catfish. One of my all
Time favorites. He would obliterate my couple cherry shrimp :) lol I love them though. I might move my cherries over into an 8 gallon I have and let them do their own thing soon though. I have 2 amanos.
I was debating on increasing my water temp but that would limit (more so) other fish to add with the rams. I will be adding another German Blue Ram (male) to my 4 (not sure if one of them is a male) female rams.

OP
chasewied

chasewied

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
MrSaint said:
I was debating on increasing my water temp but that would limit (more so) other fish to add with the rams. I will be adding another German Blue Ram (male) to my 4 (not sure if one of them is a male) female rams.
I raised it to increase they’re immune system and it’s suppose to color them up more. Do you need help sexing them?

Amazoniantanklvr

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
MrSaint said:
I have my water temp around 81-82 degrees for my German blue, Bolivian, Gold rams. Also, I have zebra danios, neons, bumblebee catfish, ammano shrimps, and nerite snails. So far, so good.
That is too high for neons.

MrSaint

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Amazoniantanklvr said:
That is too high for neons.
I've read that neons (naturally) can live in water temps 68-82 degrees. Also, my zebra danios, bumblebee catfish, ammano shrimps, and nerite snails should also be at lower temps below 81-82 degrees. I do weekly water changes and looks like they are all happy.

New Threads