Tank Mate Ghost Shrimp

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Well, that entirely depends on the betta’s personality. If he seems to be aggressive, then he will predate on the shrimp.

My bettas don’t usually notice the ghosts, they are too tricky to see.
Why not give it a try?

Taylover26

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Well, that entirely depends on the betta’s personality. If he seems to be aggressive, then he will predate on the shrimp.

My bettas don’t usually notice the ghosts, they are too tricky to see.
Why not give it a try?
Ok awesome! I think I’m going to then thanks so much!

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I just have to say you should be sure you're getting ghost shrimp, not whisker shrimp, as I've read some reports of ghosties going after sleeping bettas (not normally killing them, but tearing find and such) and I think for the most part they were whisker shrimp. I kept a cherry shrimp with a betta I was looking after for three weeks and they were fine, then suddenly the betta ate him

JamieXPXP

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I kept ghosts with my old betta. At first he did try to eat them but after awhile got used to them and hanged out with them

Yerlany

Reaction score
I've had ghost shrimp in my tanks (I have 2) for almost 2 months now. One fish chased the shrimp around at first but now he ignores them. My other fish would hide from the shrimp, but now he doesn't mind them at all. I got female shrimp because they tend to be bigger. They don't fit in the fish's mouth so I don't think any shrimp will be eaten.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom