Tank Light Help

rober297

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've read that fish sleep/rest just like us, but I have an odd question. I work second shift and have odd sleep hours. I try to get my daughter to turn off the aquarium light at night, but she usually forgets. This usually results in the light staying on until I go to bed around 4 or 5 a.m. Then, it stays off until about 3 p.m. the following day when my daughter turns it on when she gets home from school. Is there any harm to this odd schedule?

AndreDecasa

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
No not really, I think aslong as your fish still gets a off light schedule your good and even some fish sleep even when the lights are on. Have you considered buying one of those timer thingys that automatically turns off or on the light in the specific time you set it in? Any who do you have live plants in the aquarium?

rober297

Reaction score
Thanks! A timer is a great idea. I see them resting all the time with the lights on ( I'm assuming that's what they're doing when they hover in one spot) of course, I turn the light off when I see them doing this, and then I wake them up and they go bonkers for a minute. I feel bad!

BDpups

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Getting a timer would be the best idea. They will adjust to whatever schedule you have the timer on.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom