Tank Lid Distaster :(

1. Delaneyw

Delaneyw Well Known Member Member

I'll be darned if I didn't just get the glass tank lid cleaned up for nothing. I laid it on a towel to dry while I cleaned the tub...and turned around and stepped on it. I don't even know how to go about replacing it as I bought the tank used. It was a nice bowfront glass lid. I'm starting to feel like this tank will never be setup fully!

2. mg13

mg13 Well Known Member Member

ohhh!!! lol:;lg that sucks!!!!

hahahahahahahah!!!!!!

sorry, it just hit me funny...

lol

3. OP
    OP
    Delaneyw

4. tonycarder

tonycarder Valued Member Member

A few places to check would be Ebay, Glasscages.com, or even Amazon. Hope you can find a replacement!

5. Viriam Karo

Viriam Karo Well Known Member Member

Haha, I've done this myself! Luckily it was a standard 29 gal cover. Might be more hassle than it's worth to just get the back part, as I think the hinge is fastened in some way that is not just pressure/friction. There might be some shards/beads/pieces of glass still in the hinge that you'd have to clean out and then reattach the back.

6. OP
    OP
    Delaneyw

Husband tossed the whole thing. I can only find two places that offer it and both are out of stock. I'm thinking of having acrylic cut for it, worst case scenario.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

7. Rivieraneo

Rivieraneo Moderator Moderator Member

8. OP
    OP
    Delaneyw

Try to add it to your cart, it will say out of stock.

I've got it set up to notify me when it comes back, if it does. I also emailed the other company. Just hoping for the best!

9. petaddiction

petaddiction Well Known Member Member

Hey at least you can replace it for less than $25. I cracked my phone today... lovely. Wonder how much that will cost. :(
    Anyways, good luck finding a replacement! xx

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

10. OP
    OP
    Delaneyw

Hey petaddiction, I cracked my phone a few months back. If you can still read the screen, try putting one of those defender cases over it. I think mine was $25 from bestbuy. Even came with free shipping. Just a thought.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

11. mg13

mg13 Well Known Member Member

you know you can just have someone replace the screen? the older phones (2, 3 up until the new 5) work just fine even if the screen is broken...

I know someone who did that for a whole bunch of people, to bad he lives in WA...